first batch with colors!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nicely done! Your colors remind me of my very first butterfly swirl soap. I used varying amounts of activated charcoal (for the black and bluish-grey) and carob powder (brown) as the colorants.

IMG_0779.jpeg

They got a little muddy, I learned some things, but I'm pretty proud of these. Feel like a lot of fun with micas is in my future.

View attachment 76572
I think the crinkle cutter brought really brought out the pattern in your bars too! You absolutely should be proud, they look awesome! Where did you get your micas? The last Mica I used wasn't great quality and the color disappeared when it hit the lye hahaha

Very nicely done! Your colors remind me of my very first butterfly swirl soap. I used varying amounts of activated charcoal (for the black and bluish-grey) and carob powder (brown) as the colorants.

View attachment 76573
Thank you so much! That's beautiful.

I think the crinkle cutter brought really brought out the pattern in your bars too! You absolutely should be proud, they look awesome! Where did you get your micas? The last Mica I used wasn't great quality and the color disappeared when it hit the lye hahaha
The gold-ish color is Mad Micas's King Tut and the gray-blue is Bramble Berry's Stormy Blue. Both of them are a little different in the loaf than they were in the container: King Tut looks more gold than copper in the container, and the Stormy Blue is more blue. But I like the way they've both turned out so I don't mind. The white is titanium dioxide, can't remember whether I used MM's or BB's.

Latest posts

Back