FINALLY...I figured out what I was doing wrong

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lavender.dreams.candles

Reaction score
ok, I've been complaining about my oils leaking when I pour my soap into it's mold and I've been complaining about my swirling and why it gels up when I want to try to do the funnel swirl.
WELL....I FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT!!!.... I'm so surprised I figured it out by myself that I'm still in shock!!!

I'd been pouring my soap into the mold still hot.... So, today I waited to add the lye to the oils when they were both at 98 degrees..... I then did a very light trace and then split the mix up into three different measuring cups....I then added my TD to one and then I got powder mica and used that for the first time in pink and violet..... added fo just to the TD (main batch) part and mixed them all up to a light/heavy trace.....I then poured half the pink and violet into the main TD batch and then poured it into the mold.....then took the rest of the pink and violet and poured it on top.....took some sticks and did a swirl effect.....OMG.....It looks great ....so far....lol

I was going to take a picture but thought my luck I'd go get my cell phone and it would go wrong some how.....but, tomorrow when I take it out of the mold I'm going to show pics for sure.

I've never been so excited.....I made it a love spell scent so I hope it turns out good!!!

Yea for you!! Must have felt good figuring it out on your own.

Can't wait to see the pics! :)

Jude

lol....I'm still in shock that I figured it out....lol.....but, I'm excited to see how they turn out.
I'm now going to go make another batch but this time I'm going to use the funnel swirl try..... wish me luck!!!

I really like the way the pigment colors worked....so now my question is....where can I get these ???
I bought the ones I have off ebay and I couldn't believe that they worked so well.... I'm soooo over using liquid dyes that turn the soap into a terra cotta color or they don't turn out the color they are suppose to be.
So, I would really like to get some more of these pigments.

Good for you , can't wait to see how your soap turns out . it sounds like it will very pretty.

Kitn

YAY!!!! Isnt it funny how you'll be doing something one way for a long time, frustrated, and then out of nowhere....BAM! Soap Epiphany! A "s'piphany"...lol.

I'm glad you fixed it and I cant wait to see it!

Latest posts

Back