Etsy Shop Name

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MelissaG

Reaction score
So my normal business name is too long for the 20 digit max allowed on the site and I wanted to devote etsy to a slightly different crowd anyway. Can I get your opinions on the logo please? And yes, I know I'm a terrible artist lol. I asked my niece if she'd turn it into a digital logo for me after I figure out what I want to do and she said yes.

What do you think?

I made 7 of them. Number 2 is a bathtub with bubbles and the name floating on top. Number 3 is a terribly drawn cypress tree with the word bayou sitting on water. Number 4 is just the name floating on bubbles. If you have any other ideas, I'd love to see them. I think my terrible lack of drawing skills is haunting me once again and I can't get anything I see down on paper.

Thank you so much for your help.

20230509_015523.jpg

I’m torn between 3,4, and 6 - so not much help, sorry.

Your drawings are far better than I could make. Still, could you try using AI to create them from your drawing, and see if that gets you closer to what you want? I haven’t tried AI and may not ever do so, but it sounds like others are loving it.

My niece sent me a rough copy of number 4 today but she says it's not done with it yet. Check it out. This is completely adorable. The name is bouncy so I wanted the logo to reflect fun and bouncy too. My niece said she wants to add more detail and bubbles and she's going to provide me everything I need, even a social media kit. :D
bubblebayou_sketch_green.png

My niece sent me a rough copy of number 4 today but she says it's not done with it yet. Check it out. This is completely adorable. The name is bouncy so I wanted the logo to reflect fun and bouncy too. My niece said she wants to add more detail and bubbles and she's going to provide me everything I need, even a social media kit. :DView attachment 72607
It's looking great 😃👍🏼

My niece sent me a rough copy of number 4 today but she says it's not done with it yet. Check it out. This is completely adorable. The name is bouncy so I wanted the logo to reflect fun and bouncy too. My niece said she wants to add more detail and bubbles and she's going to provide me everything I need, even a social media kit. :DView attachment 72607
Ohhh this says fun and bubbles in a gorgeous way! Love this.

She will love to hear you all love it. She has her own business selling twitch icons and stuff and does very well at it. Most of her stuff has a distinct manga type feel. But it's also cute which is why I thought it would be appropriate for this.

Instead of Bubble Bayou, which I love, think about "Bubbly Bayou" -- it has a better cadence, both written and spoken. Whichever you choose, it's clever and memorable.

Your niece's design is well done, happy, inviting and tastefully colorful without being overdone. I might rethink the choice of a "baby" color pallet but that's just me. It serves its purpose as is. To me, the "bubbles" are distracting -- the eye is drawn to them. I would skip them all together. They add nothing substantive to the design except "cuteness" -- if that is what you want, go for it.

Without knowing how this is going to be used, I think just using the name needs some clarification to follow as soon as possible -- something along the lines of "Handcrafted Bath & Body Products" or similar, to let shoppers know you sell more than just soap. Remember "Bath & Body Shop"? That says it all, and that's what I'm getting at. When you name a shop to represent a product, if the product isn't in the name, then you need to choose wisely to find something that does.

2¢ Worth.gif

Your niece's design is well done, happy, inviting and tastefully colorful without being overdone. I might rethink the choice of a "baby" color pallet but that's just me. It serves its purpose as is. To me, the "bubbles" are distracting -- the eye is drawn to them. I would skip them all together. They add nothing substantive to the design except "cuteness" -- if that is what you want, go for it.

From my understanding, Melissa is trying to appeal to a younger audience/parents for her Etsy shop.

My niece sent me a rough copy of number 4 today but she says it's not done with it yet. Check it out. This is completely adorable. The name is bouncy so I wanted the logo to reflect fun and bouncy too. My niece said she wants to add more detail and bubbles and she's going to provide me everything I need, even a social media kit. :D
[IMG CUT]
She will love to hear you all love it. She has her own business selling twitch icons and stuff and does very well at it. Most of her stuff has a distinct manga type feel. But it's also cute which is why I thought it would be appropriate for this.

The rough draft looks really nice and I bet the final version will be even nicer! Glad to see you supporting your talented niece's graphic design skills 😁

Latest posts

Back