Dumb scale anyway

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chandler Trev

Reaction score
So today I'm making a new recipe I created, and part way through measuring oils, my scale starts to act up. I get an ERR, then when I take the pan off the scale, it shows a weight.............. AND, today, I had to decide to be clever because I was in a slight hurry and combined several of my liquid oils into one container before putting all in the soap pot...sigh.
Addtionally, I went out of planned order and became frustrated and don't know if I added one of the 1 oz oils once or twice-out of 54 oz total. So after mixing and molding and allowing it to gel....I wait.

Thank you for listening :oops:

been there, done that.

get a scale with an adapter and plug it in. check off your oils on your formula sheet as you add it in. do NOT answer the phone while soaping!

carebear said:
been there, done that.

get a scale with an adapter and plug it in. check off your oils on your formula sheet as you add it in. do NOT answer the phone while soaping!

... Or play music....Or have a fan running... or talk on cellphones... or wear a magnet....lol scales are soooo sensitive...

Good luck hon. Hope it all works out.

And while we're on the topic of scales... can anyone tell me where to get a good one with a power adaptor? Preferably that won't be an arm and a leg? Heh

RockinRodeoChick said:
Good luck hon. Hope it all works out.

And while we're on the topic of scales... can anyone tell me where to get a good one with a power adaptor? Preferably that won't be an arm and a leg? Heh

Got mine from Old Will Knots...lots of choices on that site; costs just under $30.00; has an adapter (a must); weighs in oz or grams (a must) and has a tare feature (which also is an absolute must).

O.K. That's "alotta" scales! Ya gotta love it :lol:
Thanks for the website.

so far so good on the soap. It's unmolded, cut and passes the "zap" test. I would just hate to have had to discard the ingredients...ya know what I mean?

absolutely!

rebatch is always an option for flubs...so dont ever throw ingredients out!! :) they can be recycled in some way most of the time

chandler Trev said:
I am way too cheap...uh I mean frugal to through a batch out :)

lol meeeeeeeeeeee too! I dont care, I d use it as a paper weight or melt it down, add water and spray it on plants as an insecide before i threw it out. lol

Latest posts

Back