Dr. Bronner's Recipe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pentazole

Reaction score
The ingredients of Dr. Bronner's liquid castile soap are: Saponified coconut oil, Saponified olive oil, jojoba oil, hemp oil. This leads me to believe that the jojoba and hemp oils are not saponified, correct? Are these oils meant to be moisturizers? I tried adding them to my liquid castile soap but the mixture loses its transparency. Any way to get around it?

Most of it does get saponified. Lye does not discriminate. I would not add any oil after the cook. It might not incorporate and the LS will end up cloudy.

Yes but for Dr. Bronner's ingredient list to make the distinction between saponified oils and just "oil" leads me to believe that the other oils were added after saponification was complete, don't you agree? It doesn't make sense for them to list it as "oil" when they already made the distinction that the other oils were saponified.

I'm cleaning up this thread. Question asked and answered.
Discussion is great - keep the tone civil, please.

I read it the same way you do, pentazole. I don't think it's an issue of what will fit on the label, considering how much blather is on a dr. Bronner's label! Does seem odd to me, too.

Latest posts

Back