Does anyone know how to make Crystal clear Hot Process soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah.. Those threads you found will probably also give you crystal clear transparent soaps.. After a few tweaks ;)

Maybe start with those and see how transparent you can get?

Hah I know that's bad advice but yes, you are right there isn't any info specifically on what you want but trying n testing recipes and procedures is so much fun, isn't it?

Also, maybe hit up the people who have managed to make transparent soaps and see if they have an idea how to get it that clear?

Sorry I'm no help hehe

Crystal Clear soap base (glasslike) is synthetic soap base. It takes several additives to make the base clear. I have a pretty good book written from a former m&p manufacturer, that actually took her business another direction, but I do not know if she has included a crystal clear base. When I get home I will check the book. Supposedly these were some of her actual recipes.

My one suggestion is look up Crystal Clear bases from Stephens or Essentials by Catalina. EBC makes a Crystal base that is really very nice and it is much more cost effective to purchase the base than try to make it with all the required additives

I have researched and researched
and to be honest i really dont understand 99% of the words they use
Will wait for the guys who make my MP to come back to me and see if there is a simple solution

Back