differences in sugars.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosey

Reaction score
I've asked a few times but never got an answer on other thread so here I am on my own thread.

What are the differences in the results between using powdered, granulated, brown sugar in soaps?

I don't think there's any difference between the powdered and regular sugar (aside from how fast it dissolves in the water) as powdered sugar is just more finely ground sugar (I use a coffee grinder to get my sugar fine), though it sometimes add cornstarch to the powdered sugar. I haven't tried brown sugar though... it's the same as reg. sugar though, except it has a little molasses in it.

OK, I edited last night to make my sentence make sense and my post then appeared again, but this was AFTER Rosey responded... weird.

Anyway, I edited it again to 'splain.

Thanks! We may have to try the brown sugar/regular sugar thing next week. Hmmmm. lol

I know there is some differences in sugars but they are small. That info is buried deep into one of my brewing books. When I get back from vacation I'll look it up and repost it here.

Bruce

Latest posts

Back