Cucumber

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkevin

Reaction score
Want to try a avocado cucumber soap this wknd. Going to puree some avocado then juice a cucumber but in my head I'm saying the veggies are gonna go bad don't do it, anyone's thoughts?

I've made soap with cucumber purée a couple times, and never had any problems with it going bad. I also add French green clay to give it a soft green color. I can't vouch for avocado, though; haven't used that yet.

Thanks I'm gonna use parsley powder I made for green 2nd layer gonna try some milk

I know some people have good luck with parsley powder, but others say it turns brown. I'm not sure if you've used it before, but I'd research it a bit so you're not surprised with the results :)

I made soap and colored it with parsley powder over a month ago and it's still a nice green. I left a piece by the kitchen window sill and it turned a khaki green. So as long as you keep it out of direct sunlight it will keep that fresh green color.

I haven't had any problems with Avocado or cucumber. I really loved them both.

Not sure if this will help but mine is gonna go like this water 75% milk 25% puree avocado 12.5% cucumber juice 12.5% I am a soap newbie so don't take my word for it. I'll know in a week or so

I used a full swap for water. After I made the Avocado puree (by smashing it with my hands and running it through a strainer to remove fibers) I added some liquid until I was satisfied, froze the cubes, and used them at full water rate.

I don't make avocado soap often, but when I have I count the avocado and any other juices as part of the liquid measurement. So if your water amount is 20 ounces, you would use approximately 10 ounces for the Lye, and the remaining 10 ounces for the other ingredients. I would add the milk at trace, but that is just my preference.

ok got it in the mold this time, first batch seized big time right at fragrance time it was even light trace. second went a little better just a tad of scent was gonna do kinda swirl in slab mold but didn't turn out that way a quick chop stick swirl, covered it and walk away have to check in 1/2 or so. side note what do I do with the seized batch?

I think I'll try adding the avocado to my oils before the lye. That's what I do with all my other additives so what the heck. Stay tuned....may or may not work. It worked with bananas once. I soap RT.

I add my avocado to the oils, I first make a puree with about 4 oz of water, just mixing with the stick blender. I only use one tablespoon per pound, I have seen recipes with higher amounts, but this worked for me.

I think I'll try adding the avocado to my oils before the lye. That's what I do with all my other additives so what the heck. Stay tuned....may or may not work. It worked with bananas once. I soap RT.

I always add my avocado puree and any other liquids into my oil before adding lye and stick blending well. I usually use 1-1.5 oz avocado per pound. I simply adore avocado soap. Also use it in some of my salt bars

Latest posts

Back