Creating a gold sparkly color with mica

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanguine

Reaction score
Hii!
Visiting the tkb trading webshop just made me dream about soap in beautiful colors!
So I bought a whole lot of mica's and there kit for mineral make up (the import costs in my country is just ridiculous!)
A while ago I saw a beautifull black soap with a golden swirl. Sadly I didnt keep the picture...
Looking at many soaps with mica, it seems like the mica doesnt keep its glittery sheen.
Is there a way to still have this effect? Like using a gold mica and adding gold glitter to it?

Thanks in advance!

If you're talking about in the soap, the glitter doesn't keep much of it's glitteriness. On top it works fine.

Some micas do just fine and still have the sparkle to them. A lot of it is just testing and experimenting to see which ones do well.

As Genny suggested you'll only be able to get a gold sparkle if you put it on top...which works great in a slab mold. It also helps if you mix the mica with oil instead of soap base. Here's a link to a thread were agriffin gets awesome results, and tells how she does it: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=23055&hilit=gold+mica hope this helps! :)

Sanguine said:
A while ago I saw a beautifull black soap with a golden swirl. Sadly I didnt keep the picture...!

That does sound familiar.

@dcornett

Thanks for the link! I completely forgot about agriffin's post. :D

Latest posts

Back