Craft show today!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodi

Reaction score
actually, a studio tour. I will be a guest with two painters, and am sharing my space with an old student who has been wanting to get into tours with me for years....she is now 70, looks 50 and is awaiting a biopsy report on something suspicious. My heart is with her, in the right place. (I hope). Trying to practice generosity, to secure my place in heaven.....(have a few pluses yet to put on that scale of good/bad!)

btw: I am almost 64 and since I stopped dyeing my hair, think I look 70, erp.

http://www.brookevalleyspringtour.ca. I am at studio#2...they spelled my name wrong, again! (I have told this guy many times, how to spell Diane for me....thick!

anyway, will report back on Tuesday, with pics. :(

Love all the uniqueness of the artists works. :) Hope you do well Diane.

Thanks everyone. Days 1, 2 are over.....not a good turnout this year, don't know why. People just aren't showing up at most of the studios. Could it be that the cost of gasoline is keeping them from driving?

anyways, one more day to go. Here's me standing behind all my soap, talking to two of the artists who offered to pose for the pic.

soaptour2011.JPG

Thank you all, who said they loved my display. Crawford (hubby) built it. And added the second shelf at the last minute. It worked very well.

and if you are into DIY, You can find the instructions for building the soap display boxes on his soapmaker website. Just click on the Extras button to the left of the page.

Yes, your display looks so lovely. Neat & tidy.
I hope the fair ended up being a good one for you.

Well, no, it didn't get better. I did make my cost-of-show though, and a bit to spare, but I won't do this tour again. Time to move on, find a better venue. I may not do artist-tours again. I did have fun though, enjoyed my time with the artists.

The only people who did well on this tour, they say, were two potters, who sell well all the time, have their own clientele, who did come out to visit them, and bought stuff again. I guess one can never have enough handmade pottery, if that is one's passion.

Latest posts

Back