Cost effective?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
having been frugal for most of my life, i decided to go all out after i made a few batches of soap. as far as hobbies go, it is quite inexpensive compared to painting/learning a musical instrument/travelling, and now i have so many bits and pieces, i haven't got so many bits to buy. it's cost effective as a gift and provides endless hours of pleasure (and therapy, as mentioned earlier). my other indulgence is baking, and i don't mind spending on that either because the end product is so much more superior than that available commercially.

My answer is it can be....
Once you start buying your soapmaking oils in large buckets and your lye by 50 lb.. bags, your cost will go down.

My best source of info so far is here on the net. My library lacks in the soap making department for books. I am liking DIY projects and I hope to add this to my list. Its a great stress relief with any project I undertake. And stops me from being stagnet and keeps me learning new things.

nattynoo said:
Bergamot & Bubbles said:
CAUTION: Soap making can be addictive and take over your house, your dreams, your wallet and your life. I know this because I am a soap addict!

hehehe...this is me.

Omgosh, me too. I should be cooking my husbands birthday dinner right now, ..but instead, here I am..

Latest posts

Back