Coffee soap ?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sexymess

Reaction score
I want to make coffe soap. I have the recipe i am using. I was wondering if I could do a 50% water reduction and mix the lye, then add the the other 95% triple brewed, with distilled water coffee at trace
And 5 % cream? Will that still make it a nice brown color? I don't want to do a coffee lye because I am splitting my recipe and doing the other half something else. And adding water and cream to the other batch. Iam weighing it exactly in Half

If it doesn't seem dark enough for you, add a bit of cocoa powder (dissolve it thoroughly before adding to the soap.) I've used strong coffee as my lye solution, but not as half & half, so not sure how dark it would be, but think it would be a bit more pale. The milk is a fine idea, but make sure it's not cold when you add it. I'd pour it out ahead of time & let it warm to room temp, mix it into the oils prior to adding the lye. But you can add it after the lye, too.

I did it. And yes it wasn't as dark. Thank you for the tip about the coco. I added some. I have it in my new stand up mold (mould?)

Unless you're soaping cold, the cream is a heater and will turn tan. I agree with Earlene about coco powder for brown -- it has a nice feel, like corn starch, and it adds a bit of antioxidant action too. Also, vanilla FO goes brown too -- even fudge brown depending on which one you use.
Looking forward to pics!

These are the soaps. I like the recipe. It's the fist one I tryed and it works for me. The soap did get very hot. I think I will skip the milk next time. It took me 2 days to get the soap out of the pvc pipe lol, I was smacking it on the ground, finally put it in the freezer. Then pushed it with a water bottle. I am waiting on an order. I am going to scent it next time and see how that goes. Thank you for all of the advice. I am going to do test batches before putting soap in the pipe.

IMG_0501.jpg

These are the soaps. I like the recipe. It's the fist one I tryed and it works for me. The soap did get very hot. I think I will skip the milk next time. It took me 2 days to get the soap out of the pvc pipe lol, I was smacking it on the ground, finally put it in the freezer. Then pushed it with a water bottle. I am waiting on an order. I am going to scent it next time and see how that goes. Thank you for all of the advice. I am going to do test batches before putting soap in the pipe.

I've heard several people use freezer paper as a liner to help unmolding.

Hey Sexy! I think your soaps are pretty cool looking. Using a water bottle to push the soap out was brilliant. Too bad it took ya 2 days to think of that! LOL (Just teasin' ya) Keep up the good work! And now, for your viewing pleasure, Amanda Gail at Loving' Soap Studio has a short video on how to remove soap from a PVC pipe. The trick really is to leave a bit of room at the top and don't fill all the way up. (That goes for pringle cans too, BTW) Here's a link:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKtT3hHPlpw[/ame]

Latest posts

Back