Coffee Junkie & Herbal Tea! *Photos Added*

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, that's a cool idea! When you said PVC mold, I visualized a long round tube. This would be so much easier to work with, IMO. Thanks for sharing the idea.

Do you have any problems with soap leaking out?

I pour at a thick trace to make sure none or very little escapes :lol: If you have a perfectly flat baking sheet/whatever you put the molds on and perfectly flat mold bottoms, I wouldn't think you'd have any issues as long as you weren't pouring at a wicked thin trace.

LOL Hazel!

I'm currently rebatching that coffee soap. I just don't like the white streaks, and I'm in love with the round soaps so I'll be repouring it in those molds :)

Here's my rebatched Coffee Junkie soap! I'm much happier with these! Even though they were tougher to get out of the PVC molds. I butchered one of them lol (NOT pictured :lol: ) That one will definitely be for personal use.

Much better :) They're HUGE bars though lol.

Excellent soaps :)
I much prefer the rebatched coffee with the beans on top.

If you use a wider diameter PVC you can cut the rounds into half moons which fit the hand very nicely. That is my favourite shape right now.

I was actually thinking of cutting them in half. They're so huge lol. These are for personal use and samples for friends so the smaller size might work better. I weighed one....6oz :lol:

SilverFox said:

I was actually thinking of cutting them in half. They're so huge lol. These are for personal use and samples for friends so the smaller size might work better. I weighed one....6oz :lol:

Wow. That is a pretty hefty chunk of soap :)
Halving them seems like a good idea.

Week old update on the Herbal Tea soap. I think it is going to be so awesome! I tried it out in the shower last night and it has a much creamier lather than the other soaps I've made. I went all out on this batch and added equal parts shea butter and mango butter, decreased the CO, upped the OO, sweet almond oil, and added some castor oil and sugar.

It is so creamy! I think I favor the creamier soaps as opposed to the big fluffy lather soaps. And my skin was SO soft after my shower! My boyfriend noticed too. I want to make this one again and add in some Peppermint EO.

Latest posts

Back