Cocoa Loco Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunaelurus

Reaction score
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1392932078.975351.jpg
Ok, so I unmolded this today. Do you think this whitish center will go away as it dries?

I don't think the whitish part in the centre will go away, looks like partial gel and the cocoa hasn't been mixed in well enough.

Relle, I don't think the white is going away either. It's kind of weird though. The whitish part is only in the gelled part, so I think it got mixed in good. This soap smells like you could eat it! I'm so sad the way the center looks though. Maybe next time I won't add cocoa and use a brown oxide instead. I don't know, I'm sick of this partial gel thing though. I guess I'm going to have to spend the bucks and get me a wooden mold!

I think it's stearic streaks (sometimes people call these glycerine rivers). It has to do with the temperature at which the soap gelled. It won't go away but it's harmless and I think it looks fine!

I read that if cocoa butter is heated to quickly, it will cause different types of crystallization. I'm thinking that might have been the problem. I'm going to change up my recipe the next time, and I might use Shea butter instead of cocoa butter, although I like the smell of it. Anybody not have any problems when using cocoa butter? Any tips?

Latest posts

Back