Coastal Scents FO's?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kleine Teufel

Reaction score
During their 40% off sale, I picked up a few things, including a bottle of cedarwood FO. It's not like the normal soap/candle FO's. It's somewhat viscous and the scent isn't very strong. It says it can be used in soaps and candles, but as this is the first Costal Scents FO I've ever purchased, and the viscosity and light scent, I'm a little leery of using it in soap. I've tried searching and haven't found anything on it. :/

I have only ordered from them once and was disappointed in the FO I got and haven't used it since. I got Lemon Verbena and jsut did not like it OOB, maybe one day I'll try a small batch to see how it is in soap but it just seemed really weak to me. Seems you are having the opposite result from me.

I'm having the same issue... It smells extremely weak. I'm going to try it in some rebatch soap I'm working with now, but it seems like even as a room spray, it'd be too weak to smell. It's so weak that it smells like I'd have to use it 100% straight for a room spray though. :/ I certainly won't be ordering their FO's again, since it seems that it's not just this scent. :/

Ugh. This stuff isn't good for anything. I tried CP, rebatch soap and even straight up in an oil burner. You can't smell anything. :/

Yep. I'm going to throw it into a spray bottle and spray it. See if it gives any scent to my carpet. Probably not, but a smidge better than just throwing it to the trash. :/ I won't buy their FO's ever again, that's for sure!

Latest posts

Back