Chocolate soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Papasmurf

Reaction score
We are wanting to make a chocolate soap but we have some concerns. We want the soap to smell like rich, "godiva" and not dollar store chocolate. I local chocolatier said someone made soap for him and it smelled like dollar general chocolate. Any suggestions on how to create a GOOD smelling chocolate soap?

I've made a Double Chocolate soap in the past. I added a square of dark baking chocolate (basically cocoa butter) to the entire batch and then added Dutch processed cocoa powder to half the batch. It was scented with Chocolate Fudge FO and Peppermint EO and had an Aztec Gold mica line between the two halves.

Opera Snapshot_2024-04-12_180137_www.instagram.com.png

I used cocoa butter and a teaspoon of cocoa powder in my chocolate chip cookie dough soap and I’m pleased with it. I did use chocolate chip cookie dough fragrance. It’s probably not the fragrance you’re looking for, but I like it. The cocoa powder went into the chocolate chip portion of the recipe and it’s really nice.

I'm late to the party. I love using cocoa powder as a colorant. Also, benzoin resinoid is a heavenly scent. Not sure it is what you're looking for. It smells like a malt shop, vanilla-y and chocolatey. I use it with peppermint for my hot chocolate soap. Good luck!

We are wanting to make a chocolate soap but we have some concerns. We want the soap to smell like rich, "godiva" and not dollar store chocolate. I local chocolatier said someone made soap for him and it smelled like dollar general chocolate. Any suggestions on how to create a GOOD smelling chocolate soap?
I have seen people use raw cocoa butter and cocoa powder to colour their soap and they say that it smells like chocolate. I think adding good quality chocolate FO would be good along with the other two ingredients.

Latest posts

Back