Chocolate soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misskat22

Reaction score
I was playing around with a no coconut recipe and decided to use cocoa butter instead, so when I made it I added some cocoa powder, soap turned out ok..maybe I'll like it better after it cures, I wasn't expecting too much of a chocolate scent which is good, because I didn't get any. It's kinda neat looking though.

037.jpg

040.jpg

041.jpg

I only put 2 tsp of cocoa powder in a 1 lb batch, I didn't want it too dark as I've heard you'll get brown lather and I wouldn't want people to worry about it staining. (you know some people aren't too bright!)

It's not really red, kind of like a medium brown and a dark brown with beige around the outside. My camera kind of distorted the colour a bit. It's definitely a strange colour. Any ideas why the outside would be lighter than the inside? It was uniform when I put the towel over it..all my soaps have gelled so far, could it just be that this one gelled unevenly?

Chocolate does funny things. It will probably get darker. It seems to morph in color a lot, and I learned it also bleeds, so it isn't the best choice for swirls or stripes.

It looks great, a lot like the Turkish Delight candy you can get in the UK. I like the lighter edge, seen that in a number of soaps on smf, never worked out how to do it. Looks great, I wonder how much darker it'll get with only 2 tsps of cacao. Love to see a photo of it in a couple of weeks :)

Very cool :) It looks nice and it would be interesting to see what it looks like in a few days :)

Back