Cats

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
11 CATS. Oh the disruption lol. Just one of them can cause such a huge mess. Me yelling when I heard a bang or something "Sasha what'd you do?" was a normal occurrence. Her answer was always a little "meow". I can't imagine 11.
To be clear, I don't generally have 11 at a time. We currently have 5 permanent residents, and a rotating cast of foster cats who get their own room - all incoming animals need an initial 2 week quarantine, even if they seem healthy at their initial vet check, just in case the stress of travel and a new place brings out some kind of illness that they're carrying.
Beyond that, I generally don't let them into the rest of the house because some of mine dislike new cats, so there's no point going through that stress if they're not going to stay.

And your name is Kiti…..I love that so much!!,
Yes, and I endured many years of hazing because of it. School was so much fun. I think it made me the tolerant person I am today. Sage, my YD's cat is the trouble maker. He has picked me to protect, so only old Gwen can sit with me.

View attachment 72164
This is Jasper, better known as Jazzy, the fluffiest little fuzz ball 🥰 (not so little actually)

And this is Ricola:
View attachment 72165
The friendliest cat I’ve ever known 🥰
Jazzy looks just like our Beastie (RIP). We adopted her at 10 years old and she passed just before her 22nd b-day! And yes, she was named perfectly.

I love this thread so much! Currently we have 1 cat and feed a feral stray who we occassionaly catch glimpses. Well, it may be one stray or several. 😂 Our cat is mostly inside but loves being outside too. She is quite special, during her first 6 months of life she has loose stools. There were many trips to the vet, x-rays, ultrasounds, prescription foods, medications, etc. when the vet recommended steroids I started looking for other options and found raw food. When we switched her over she became much more playful and it was clear that she had been a really sick baby. She is now 2 1/2, no more digestive issues (still gets raw rabbit) and is completely bonded to me. She doesn’t meow but makes a little “heh” sound. This is Bala, named for balaclava as she used to like sleeping on my neck/shoulders.

Attachments

• IMG_5330.jpeg
    IMG_5330.jpeg
    615.6 KB · Views: 0
@cerelife - where's your kitty?
The kitty in my avatar is my little monkey Minou. His origin story is on my website (since my company is named after him) along with more pictures, but I'm not sure if we're allowed to share that here. My family used to tease me that my best friend in the world was a little grey cat :)
He was diagnosed with bone cancer in his mandible last November and we exhausted every option without success. The cancer was too aggressive and our last option was to have his jaw removed and a feeding tube inserted. He was only 13 years old, but I just couldn't put him through that. He died in my arms and I swore I'd never get that attached to any animal again.
Here are our other babies, Sugarbear and Nico. I love them very much, but I bonded with Minou in a different way.
IMG_4053.jpg

And then this little troll came along. He was the most raggedy kitten when he showed up at our house, but he's cleaning up nicely after a few good brushings/eye and nose washings/etc. He's sooo needy and lovey and silly. Maybe Minou sent him to me?
IMG_4288.jpg

His name is Sir Patrick Diddikins (aka P. Diddy) because this kitten has some serious swagger!

The kitty in my avatar is my little monkey Minou. His origin story is on my website (since my company is named after him) along with more pictures, but I'm not sure if we're allowed to share that here. My family used to tease me that my best friend in the world was a little grey cat :)
He was diagnosed with bone cancer in his mandible last November and we exhausted every option without success. The cancer was too aggressive and our last option was to have his jaw removed and a feeding tube inserted. He was only 13 years old, but I just couldn't put him through that. He died in my arms and I swore I'd never get that attached to any animal again.
Here are our other babies, Sugarbear and Nico. I love them very much, but I bonded with Minou in a different way. View attachment 72592
And then this little troll came along. He was the most raggedy kitten when he showed up at our house, but he's cleaning up nicely after a few good brushings/eye and nose washings/etc. He's sooo needy and lovey and silly. Maybe Minou sent him to me?
View attachment 72593
His name is Sir Patrick Diddikins (aka P. Diddy) because this kitten has some serious swagger!
If I ever get another kitty, I want the kitty to be lovey and cuddly like my Sasha. There's nothing more calming than a kitty hug. I miss her plopping (quite literally) on my chest and against my cheek and just laying there purring for hours. We both could easily fall asleep like that. Lovey kitties are the best.

Here are our other babies, Sugarbear and Nico. I love them very much, but I bonded with Minou in a different way. View attachment 72592
View attachment 72593
So sorry for your loss of Minou. The ones that choose us are sure special. Little P Diddy looks like trouble (the good kind)!

@cerelife
Maybe Minou sent him to me?

Yes he did. I believe that a cat protector will send out a "call" for another to take their place when they leave. My girl, Mahina sent out the call 3 months before she passed. Magnus was already in my household as a foster.
I worked with a woman who swore a stray she took in was her mother reincarnated. The cat gave her a lot of peace.

HOW HAVE I MISSED THIS THREAD FOR SEVERAL WEEKS?! I posted this photo before of our precious Celie who loves our shower. She is the softest thing you will ever touch. Several years ago, our dog walker knocked late at night and said she knew we were going thru a tough time with our oldest gone to college and all and maybe an orphan kitten would cheer us and could we just care for her just for one night -- "only tonight, really." She unzipped her coat and this li'l scared, barely-weaned baby popped out. She's a tortoise-shell, highly communicative, and trouble with a capital T. She's clear about wanting 'alone time' and 'social snuggle time.' A year after our dear dog's death, Celie still sleeps on his bed every night; we can't bear to part with it. They were the best of pals and models for human friendship.

1683691415177.png

My theory for why cats like the laps of cat dislikers/haters/allergic to's is because they do not like direct eye contact. People who want to avoid cats, avoid direct eye contact, and inadvertently attract them instead.
LOVE ALL THESE PHOTOS!

HOW HAVE I MISSED THIS THREAD FOR SEVERAL WEEKS?! I posted this photo before of our precious Celie who loves our shower. She is the softest thing you will ever touch. Several years ago, our dog walker knocked late at night and said she knew we were going thru a tough time with our oldest gone to college and all and maybe an orphan kitten would cheer us and could we just care for her just for one night -- "only tonight, really." She unzipped her coat and this li'l scared, barely-weaned baby popped out. She's a tortoise-shell, highly communicative, and trouble with a capital T. She's clear about wanting 'alone time' and 'social snuggle time.' A year after our dear dog's death, Celie still sleeps on his bed every night; we can't bear to part with it. They were the best of pals and models for human friendship.

View attachment 72601

My theory for why cats like the laps of cat dislikers/haters/allergic to's is because they do not like direct eye contact. People who want to avoid cats, avoid direct eye contact, and inadvertently attract them instead.
LOVE ALL THESE PHOTOS!
I love not only your kitty's cute face, but also your pink and black bathroom floor tiles. I know we have talked about those before but I must reiterate how much I am trying not to be jealous.

I love not only your kitty's cute face, but also your pink and black bathroom floor tiles. I know we have talked about those before but I must reiterate how much I am trying not to be jealous.
Oooh - me too! Maybe @Zing should start a thread for photos of floor tiles? We have a laminate floor in our bathroom - very boring.

We have a few dust ups a week, but everyone lives their own life to the fullest. All are rescues - they work it out and no one gets hurt. I have 1 male who is really bonded to me, so I tell him to chill out several times a day.

I was raised with cats since birth, their language is my second one. Both body placement and sounds are used to set the tone of our conversations.

Add in the 15 parrots and we have a wonderful, noisy home!
I have 4 cats,

Charlie & Miss Kay (tuxedo cats that like to curl up with each other).

Boots & Kiwi. We helped out a friend that had kittens in her barn and the mother cat had disappeared (most likely by a predator).

I also used to have parrots (6 of them) and surprisingly the cats never bother with the parrots. I now only have one parrot left.

Also 2 dogs and lots of horses.

Attachments

• Charlie & Miss Kay.jpg
    Charlie & Miss Kay.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 1st week with Boots and Kiwi.jpg
    1st week with Boots and Kiwi.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 0
  • Boots & Kiwi.jpg
    Boots & Kiwi.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 0
I have 4 cats,

Boots & Kiwi. We helped out a friend that had kittens in her barn and the mother cat had disappeared (most likely by a predator).

I also used to have parrots (6 of them) and surprisingly the cats never bother with the parrots. I now only have one parrot left.

Hey Kiwi! 👋

I have 4 cats,

Is Kiwi short for anything?

Latest posts

Back