Cases for fragrance oils

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
IMG_3321.JPG
IMG_3320.JPG
These are on sale at Michaels, I got them for about $2:50. I'm so happy! I can see what they are without pulling every bottle up out of a box and they slide right under the bed! Handy!

If any of those FO bottles have been opened, make sure the lids are really tightly sealed. A leaky lid of FO can be a disaster for your plastic storage container when they are laying on their sides like that. I have experienced an FO melting plastic. I do believe there are some safe plastics for FO's, but I don't know which ones they actually are. (Some Go's are sold in plastic bottles, so there has to be at least one type of plastic they don't melt.)

I only store my fragrances standing upright for this reason. I used to use electricians tape around the lip of the bottle, thinking it would ensure no leakage, but the FO melted the adhesive and some of the tape, too. So I don't even bother with that anymore. As long as I keep them upright they are fine.

Well, now I'm just sad... only a couple have been opened, I guess I will take those out, I have 2 cases full. Hopefully the unopened ones will be ok. Although, I'm thinking, now, of standing the cases up. I mainly like that I can see through and not have to pull up each bottle.

Oils are notorious for leaking, so I would never lay them on their sides, even in hdpe or pet plastic, as it will just make a mess eventually.
Yup, all my old FO's from way back in the day were all over a box on their sides.
Some leaked a bit, not a ton, but enough that the scent all melded together and the box stinks !

Yeppers, storing those little hummers upright is best. I also put a few drops of what's in the bottle on a Cutip and attach it to the bottle with a rubber band to sniff when needed. Head back to Michael's to see if they have a wall-mounted spice rack with several shelves. I have two of those mounted at eye level on a wall in my laundry room where it's fairly cool and dark most of the time. Another option is a 10" diameter spinner-type round tray for spices that can sit on a bottom shelf in a cabinet. Or a 3-shelf spice rack that looks like stair steps -- each step set back to form a shelf. That one also can sit on the bottom shelf of a cabinet.

That's a nice case, tho. I'm sure you'll find another use for it. I see small jars of micas... :)

Yeppers, storing those little hummers upright is best. I also put a few drops of what's in the bottle on a Cutip and attach it to the bottle with a rubber band to sniff when needed. Head back to Michael's to see if they have a wall-mounted spice rack with several shelves. I have two of those mounted at eye level on a wall in my laundry room where it's fairly cool and dark most of the time. Another option is a 10" diameter spinner-type round tray for spices that can sit on a bottom shelf in a cabinet. Or a 3-shelf spice rack that looks like stair steps -- each step set back to form a shelf. That one also can sit on the bottom shelf of a cabinet.

That's a nice case, tho. I'm sure you'll find another use for it. I see small jars of micas... :)
Great suggestions, I'll sit the boxes upright until I have another solution. Micas would definitely be good in them

Latest posts

Back