Can't seem to make rosemary essential oil work out

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maythorn

Reaction score
I have yet to find a blend where rosemary makes everything better. I tried it with Lavender and it seemed to make the lavender somewhat bitter. And a Rosemary Mint fragrance and that smelled like mouthwash to me. Just don't think I like the scent very much. It's good for skin and hair, though, if it retains itself in soap that is.

What does your rosemary smell like? Is it medicinal smelling? Sweet? Or Herbal?

My favorite blend that has rosemary in it, is a blend of rosemary, lemongrass and spearmint. Grapefruit and rosemary's pretty good, too.

I have a rosemary/spearmint blend that I love. I use more spearmint with just a hint of rosemary. Rosemary has a very strong fragrance which can easily overpower other scents.

It's medicinal smelling. I hadn't tried it with spearmint. I don't what mints the Rosemary Mint FO had in it. Seemed like peppermint, though.

I'm kind of stuck with what I bought but I think I heard with lavender and rosemary and some sweet orange it could be much better. I want the rosemary as the very least of the scent combination and so I'll try rosemary as about 1/4 of the scent if that even. Thank you.

rosemary, used very sparingly, is one of my very favorite straight EOs in soap. But you REALLY have to use it with a light hand if you want it to be sweet and herbal instead of pungent and ugh! ;)

I don't use more than 1/2 ounce or 3/4 of an ounce in a 2 lb loaf. Have you tried it with that little in it? Even if you have a particularly stinky one (and yes, that is a scientific term, lol) using it at very low percentages will make it much sweeter and nice.

I tried it with some sweet orange and lavender and it rocked pretty nicely. But the sweet orange won't last in soap. I have to get the stronger version. of orange essent oil.

Latest posts

Back