Canadian silicone liner/"no liner" log mold?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshleyR

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a company in Canada that sells good silicone lined or "no liner" type log molds?

I have been using a wooden mold lined with cut up chopping mats which does give me nice smooth edges, but the mats tend to warp after about 3 uses. They aren't very expensive so it's not a big deal, but it does take a lot of time to clean the "liners" every time and cut new ones every few batches.

I'm looking for something that is either lined with poured silicone, plexi glass, HDPE, etc (do these even work? Does anyone have experience using these "no liner" type molds?)

Here's a store I found on ebay - has anyone ever ordered from this guy or know if the molds are good?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/5-6-Lb-NO-LINER-SOAP ... .m14.l1262

Another two from ebay. This company has 100% positive feedback... has anyone tried these molds?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Clear-Acrylic-Log-mo ... 240%3A1318

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Log-Mold-Silicone-So ... .m20.l1116

Here's two more that have one piece poured silicone liners.

http://www.shop.woodfieldswood.com/prod ... roductId=5

http://www.uplandsoapfactory.com/store/home.php?cat=2

All of the above are US stores - but those are exactly the type of molds I'm looking for. If I can find a Canadian supplier that'd be AWESOME (although I'll probably order from one of these guys if I can't...)

:?: TIA!

Hey Ashley
I have the set from your first link . I love them they are so easy to clean. You can CPOP with them too.To make clean up even easier , I line it with mactac , just the mactac with backing attached , the width fits the mold perfectly , I put the paper in the mold backing side down . I leave it a little long down the sides and just pull the log out of the mold and wipe the mactac off and use it again.

HTH
Kitn

Thanks Kitn and wonderland! I have been looking at those for a long time but the sellers feedback is kinda so-so. I have seen many people rave about the molds and others saying that CP soap DOES stick. I wasn't sure if maybe it was the M&P people have success with them not sticking or what. Good to know both of you use these molds and like them! I think I just might get some...

Kitn, what is mactac? I feel like I should know what that is - is it that cupboard lining paper with the adhesive on one side?

i had one batch to stick in those molds so now i use just a teeny-tiny bit of mineral oil on them. the molds are great. i wish i could afford the divider molds he has...*drool*

Hi , mactac is the kitchen cupboard liner stuff .Works like a charm .I got mine at $1.25arama aka dollarama.

Kitn

Okay, so are all votes for the first ebay mold? ;)

I think I'm going to order. I just want to be sure they're gonna be good! I spent over $100 on a mold that is useless to me a few months ago and really can't afford to go wrong again!

Kitn - good to know about the kitchen cupboard lining stuff! Do you put little pieces on the ends too, or just drape a sheet across the long part of the mold (hope you understand what I mean!)

I understand , I just do the long side , mainly so I can just pull the log out with my mactac "handle" , then I don't have to take the mold apart , I am lazy lol.

Kitn

Hey Ashley - that first ad looks pretty good. I wish I had found it before I bought the 6 log molds I have right now :cry: But I have gotten really good at lining with freezer paper so I'm okay with that.

Thanks so much Kitn! I think I am going to order a few of those molds. I contacted the seller and asked if he could make me a custom cutter too (he makes them with even slats throughout the whole log) since I want my bars thicker than 1", and he said no problem, at no extra cost!

:D

Kitn said:
Vinca Leaf said:
Do the ones in the first link completely disassemble?

They do come apart but they are very easy to put back together .

Kitn

I'm just wondering how it keeps the soap in, with no liner, and no caulk! Does it have grooves or something where the sides go?

I'm stying tuned.
I'd love to get the one from the seller in Australia... Tortuoga I think?
But the shipping would kill me.... lol

I'd also liike to find a tray mold too..

Vinca Leaf said:
Kitn said:
[quote="Vinca Leaf":15xbq4cf]Do the ones in the first link completely disassemble?

They do come apart but they are very easy to put back together .

Kitn

I'm just wondering how it keeps the soap in, with no liner, and no caulk! Does it have grooves or something where the sides go?[/quote:15xbq4cf]

I would also like to know this!

I did ask the seller if they came apart and he said yes. Shipping is A LOT cheaper on these because he said he ships them disassembled. I am going to be ordering 6 of them + a cutter and he said shipping from the US to Canada would only be about $30.... which is pretty good!

Latest posts

Back