Can I toot my own horn for a minute.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dana89

Reaction score
After 3, yes 3 failed, over heated batches of OMH soap, I finally succeeded and did my first pencil line while I was at it. I used oat milk that I made and I was suprised how rich and creamy it was.
They are not pretty but I love these fugly bars more than any soap I have ever made. TOOOT, TOOOT, lol.
CAM00203 oat soap.jpg

Who says they're not pretty? I'd buy that soap (if I didn't make tons of my own, of course!)

Great pencil line, subtle color choices (which I prefer), great artistry setting up the shot...what's not to love here?

They are not ugly. They are beautiful! And ambitious! You did very well!

Be absolutely sure you save AT LEAST one bar forever...or until DOS hits, anyway. I gave all of mine out and kicked myself until my son said he still had one. I took that one back so fast, it made his head spin. Now it is my precioussss.

Great job! Those are very pretty soaps. I have yet to master the pencil line, so I am just a little envious of yours!

Lovely creamy looking soap with a great pencil line. As the English would say, you deserve to blow your own trumpet :smile:

Thanks, you guys rock! I feel like I am floating on a cloud today! I knew only my fellow soapers would understand this feeling.
I used steel cut oats to make the milk, and I was surprised at how soft the texture of the oats were after (milking) them, so I threw those in the soap. Surprisingly they don,t feel to scrubby, but do give it an interesting texture.

Great job! Those are very pretty soaps. I have yet to master the pencil line, so I am just a little envious of yours!

I used one of those small hand held wire sifter/strainer and cocoa, I didn't get the corners very well, but cocoa is great to practice with. Mica is too precious for me to practice with. I am far from mastering pencil lines, I was going for a straight line but I will take wavy! I see alot more cocoa lines in my future before I move on to mica.

We all want our soap to look nice, and everyone loves pretty soap, but it's way more important for the soap to feel good! Your soap looks exactly like the kind of soap I like to use, rich and creamy, and I love oatmeal in soap. Really nice job!

Natural beauties :D

I'd buy these soaps in a heartbeat if I ever found them in front of me :)

Latest posts

Back