Bucket List Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scentapy

Reaction score
So... CP cupcakes has been on my bucket list for quite some time. I finally gave it a whirl tonight. Years ago when I used to do M&P, I used to make cupcake soap.. but I have been wanting to try it w/ CP soap. Can't wait to unmold and see how it came out. I am going to be soooo angry if I get ash on my frosting! I couldn't cover w/ Saran wrap like I normally do and I didn't have any alcohol in the house.

The "cake" part is scented w/ Vanilla Bean - so we know this will be a nice chocolate brown. The frosting is scented in Lemongrass EO. I didn't want to do Vanilla Bean because I wanted it to be a different color. The soap shaving in the frosting is from a Coconut Cocoa Powder soap I made a couple weeks ago.

Crossing my fingers!

cupcake.jpg

Love the chocolate curl! What a nice touch. I've never done cup cake soap. I would imagine it would be mainly for decoration :)

Love the chocolate curl! What a nice touch. I've never done cup cake soap. I would imagine it would be mainly for decoration :)

Yea... I have to imagine that it is not easy to wash with....being the shape of it. I think it is more a novelty or gift item. Eh... I wanted to give it a try. It is a pretty big seller in my area. I will package it in a nice cupcake box (maybe).

and...the green is just the cupcake mold. The bottom of the soap will be brown so I think it will look really nice w/ the chocolate curl in it. :) Let's hope. **** ash better stay away.
The only other thing I hate about this soap is that I can't gel. Its not easy to insulate this one w/o the towels touching the soap so I left it un-insulated. I like the look of un-gelled soap better (I have only done it a couple times) but the soap takes forever to get hard!

and...the green is just the cupcake mold. The bottom of the soap will be brown so I think it will look really nice w/ the chocolate curl in it. :) Let's hope. **** ash better stay away.
The only other thing I hate about this soap is that I can't gel. Its not easy to insulate this one w/o the towels touching the soap so I left it un-insulated. I like the look of un-gelled soap better (I have only done it a couple times) but the soap takes forever to get hard!
I noticed that too with ungelled soaps. Sometimes its just plain worth it though to get the look you are after. I work at a little cafe where they sell cupcakes, pies and specialty deserts. I bet if I made some to sell in the adjoining store that they would sell like "hot cakes" lol

I think it's beautiful! I hope it all works out for you, no ash, etc. I have heard that some people cut the cupcake soaps down the middle so there is a flat side to wash with and it makes it easier to hold. Just saying though, I've never really seen soap cupcakes myself until I joined this forum!

They look awesome :D tried the cupcake thing myself...only sold a few, with most people walking past saying "my kids would eat that".....so that's it for the cupcake...fun to do, but in a small country town, not a seller! Maybe if I lived in a big city things would be different :)

nice cupcakes

Just curious
How did you make your frosting? All the recipies I've seen use either MP or bathwhip Did you use CP soap for the frosting as well?

Yes I did use CP soap for the frosting. At thin trace, I poured an amount I thought I would need for the frosting into a ziplock baggie and put it aside. I checked on it often and waited for it to reach a medium-to-thick trace and then I snipped off the corner of the ziplock bag and just started squeezing it on. Obviously you MUST wait until it is at a consistency that will hold the shape.

...and you want to see what happens when you use a fragrance that accelerates trace?

I am calling these Coconut Crumb Cakes. :eh: I used a Coconut fragrance oil and the soap basically seized. I clumped it into my baggie and tried to still squirt it on the cupcake... not much luck. So then I tried to dress it up w/ Coconut Flakes. What a mess. BUT... they smell FABULOUS.

coconut crumb cakes.jpg

You know what, those coconut cakes look great. It's one of those ones that if you don't tell anyone it's a mistake they will never know!

So... CP cupcakes has been on my bucket list for quite some time. I finally gave it a whirl tonight. Years ago when I used to do M&P, I used to make cupcake soap.. but I have been wanting to try it w/ CP soap. Can't wait to unmold and see how it came out. I am going to be soooo angry if I get ash on my frosting! I couldn't cover w/ Saran wrap like I normally do and I didn't have any alcohol in the house.

The "cake" part is scented w/ Vanilla Bean - so we know this will be a nice chocolate brown. The frosting is scented in Lemongrass EO. I didn't want to do Vanilla Bean because I wanted it to be a different color. The soap shaving in the frosting is from a Coconut Cocoa Powder soap I made a couple weeks ago.

Crossing my fingers!

Yummy Cupcakes, did the ash stay away?

You know what, those coconut cakes look great. It's one of those ones that if you don't tell anyone it's a mistake they will never know!

Aww.. thanks :) They smell too good to toss so I will try and pretty them up with the packaging.

Latest posts

Back