Body wash from Castile soap bar help

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Janthony

Reaction score
I made a nice body wash from a plain Dr Bronners castile soap bar by shaving it and stirring it into some heated distilled water. I added aloe, jojoba, and some essential oils. I used Xantham to thicken, although I think I'm going to look for something better as that separated a bit. MY question is, the soap is not quite as lubricated for lack of a better term as I would like. It seems a little sticky when lathering. Could I add some simple olive oil to the mix to fix this? If so, which type/kind of olive oil? Thanks.

Have you tried it without adding the jojoba oil? I would suggest going back to basics and adding one thing at a time, to see if it is something you are adding that is causing it to be sticky before adding anything new (olive oil) to the mix. My suspicion is the jojoba oil may be causing the sticky feeling, but I could be totally wrong.

Lisa

Thanks! No, I'm really pretty sure it's the bar soap effect... using a bar soap vs a body wash has that friction feel without the lubricants they put in body wash. I want to add in some kind of lubricant to make the formula a bit slicker. I tried the olive oil last night. It helped but not quite enough. I think I'll try to add a little glycerin tonight.

Back