Blue mantra

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kittish

Enthusiastic Newbie
Reaction score
bluemantra-1517.jpg

Colored with ultramarine blue. Scent is a blend of ylang ylang, cedarwood, frankincense and orange EOs. I used a bit less than an ounce total for the batch.

I need to rework my recipe amounts for this size mold. I wound up with three extra blue soaps poured off into silicone molds.

The soap accelerated when I added my EO, but I was kind of half expecting it since the dominant EO is yy. It never even got touched with a stick blender, and was at medium trace less than 15 minutes after mixing the oils and lye. Next time I'll do my swirlies first, then pour the rest of the batter into overflow molds.

Avocado oil 15% 149g
Castor oil 5% 49g
Cocoa butter 10% 102g
Coconut oil 15% 151g
Olive oil 45% 452g
Shea butter 10% 101g

5% SF
Water 202g
NaOH 134g

The house smells pretty amazing right now. The yy in the soap is synergizing with the jasmine blooming in my kitchen, and the combined fragrance is sort of gently creeping through the entire house.

Last edited:
Nice conditioning soap! Just my kind. (You are going to show us cut pictures...... right?)

Very cool kittish! Nice swirly. I wish I could smell thru the computer! That blue is awesome. I'd like to see pics of it cut too :)

I love ylang-ylang, have to try that eo combination!

Latest posts

Back