Best Vendord for Sweet/Dessert Fragarences?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hellomimi

Reaction score
Hello, I’m a newbie to soap making and recently got into it as a hobby during the quarantine, specifically the melt and pour process. Previously, I was just using essentials oils around my house as fragarence but now I want to start buying morefragarence oils for my soap bars. I really like sweet and desserty type smells, is there a specific vendor that makes these types of scents well?

Hello and welcome. Most suppliers carry all different types. Nature’s Garden has quite a lot of food sweets scents. I’ve used a few like chocolate brownie. Sadly food scents never sold well for me so I only occasionally make a few in cupcake soaps.

Check out the fragrance oil forum for lots of recommendations, specifically the review chart.

one thing you will have to consider with food scents is vanillin. It’s the component that makes vanilla smells yummy, sweet scents smell sweet, and the cause of coloration woes. Vanillin eventually discolors to a brown (shade varies with actual vanillin content). You can get a vanilla color stabilizer that works for a while, but eventually it will fail. Read reviews for how long stabilizers work, some times it can be years which is hopefully longer than you will ever need. Many of us don’t use stabilizers (I‘m allergic to spending extra money) and embrace the brown. You will have to work out what works for you.

Back