Best soap size for wedding favours

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neeners

Reaction score
so my friend just asked if I could make soap for her wedding in mid Feb (yes...short time frame, but totally possible). I'm wondering what size I should aim for each of the soaps. I was thinking something smaller than a full sized bar? I've made some soaps about 1 inch thick, 2 inches tall and 3.5 inches wide. no clue the weight on those, but they still feel pretty substantial.

i'm doing this as a favour, and will likely be providing these as a wedding gift. i'll be making approx. 150 (those are the numbers currently on the guest list. can't lie, feeling a little daunted at the task, but up for the challenge!)

what are the usual size for guest soaps? i'm still a bit of a newbie (esp with the sizing of soap)

Usually 1.5-2 oz. You could make your regular size bars and cut them in half. Perhaps put a nice stamp on them too. That's what I would probably do rather than make small soaps to start...plus it would save you time. I would package them in either a nice cellophane bag or even a fabric bag. Make it easy on yourself.

thanks! I was planning on doing cigar bands with the names of bride & groom and date on front (with an image and font that matches their invitations), and then ingredients on the back side. I doubt there is enough time to find the pouches (i'm in the Caribbean.....they'd have to be made).

i'll have to do some measuring and calculating tonight....

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1388686764.678095.jpg
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1388686803.877027.jpg here is a guest soap I got recently. It's a great size and the box itself would be a great size for a rectangle soap. I would make the soap 2" X 3" and .75 thick and then it'll shrink a bit during the cure.

thanks everyone for your help! getting excited for making soap for a purpose! (not just to keep the closet stocked for fun....)

Wedding Favor Soaps

For a wedding shower, a guest size bar is fine. For a wedding, many brides want a full size soap. You can use inkjet printable vellum to make nice cigar bands where you can still see the soap. I just finished an order for a small wedding (50 guests). I made a HP swirl and used the vellum to make the cigar bands. The attached photo shows all sides of the soap.

Wrapped Soap All Sides 1.jpg

thank you everyone for your help!!!

spoke with the bride, and she wants sample size (well, half my bars cut in half), plain with lavender flowers on top. nice and easy!

they're half size - about 1"x1.6"x2.75". i'll get a better picture to show size later. just amazing to see i made THAT many soaps, without too much drama (aside from partial gel on the first batch, and forgetting to put in the EOs for the last batch until after i poured, but got it all mixed in the end).

Trinity, my suggestion (esp since I'm still somewhat new, and this was my first time doing this many in short periods), is have everything planned and ready so you can easily execute. I made 6 batches in 6 days. I had all my liners folded and ready to go, all the supplies I needed were in the house, and, making sure you have enough space to store/cure them all. oh, also make sure the bride is happy with the look and scent of the soaps. i have my friend a whole list of questions to answer before i started really doing my planning. she made it easy since she didn't want colours, and we worked together on a scent blend that is representative of the two of them (i have another thread on it). if you want, i can PM you the list of questions i sent her.

here's one beside a 1oz EO bottle.

IMG-20140125-00761.jpg

Lavender Buds?

The scent sounds like they will smell very good. The lavender buds on the top are nice - but if those are lavender buds inside the soap they will all turn brown like mouse poop..... the only botantical that does not turn brown in soap is calendula.

Latest posts

Back