Best Everyday Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MKRainville

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I am sure there is already a post out there about this, but I am looking for an update.

What is your favorite fragrance for your "everyday" bar. I know that most people have a bar they preference over all the rest of their soaps.

I tend to gravitate to a simple oats & honey bar. What are your favorites?? My best sellers are the Oats & Honey (no frag added) , Peppermint, Lavender, Gentleman's Soap (cool water frag)

Just looking for suggestions for some new FO/EO's to use in my soap. I want to branch out a bit from my norm. Any help is appreciated.

My fave personal bar scent is Oakmoss and Amber -- love it! I also like bars made with BB's Energy fo.

Lemongrass seems to be universally popular. It is strong and it sticks.

For my daily use, I prefer anything with patchouli but that's not typical. :)

My 'everyday' bar is chosing one of the many that I have in the shower - all with different FO/EO's LOL

I do find that I favor BB Cybilla Yuzu and BB Eucalyptus Blossom.

My #1 is oatmeal, milk & honey I love that stuff I also really like grapefruit lime (I buy the EO and mix them together) a few more I've really enjoyed are pomegranate fig! And coconut lemongrass!

I don't use FO only EOs and love patchouli and sweet orange or peppermint and rosemary. However my fav is my goat milk, honey and oats unscented.

I don't use FO only EOs and love patchouli and sweet orange or peppermint and rosemary. However my fav is my goat milk, honey and oats unscented.

roseb, what ratio of patchouli to sweet orange do you use? I've never done that combo before and I'm getting ready to do one with patch & 10x orange and I'm having trouble figuring out how much of each. And is sweet orange the same as 10x orange?

Also on the same subject--can anyone recommend a good book/online source for detailed eo information? I need to read up on this and I think it would be good to have a reliable reference on the subject.

roseb, what ratio of patchouli to sweet orange do you use? I've never done that combo before and I'm getting ready to do one with patch & 10x orange and I'm having trouble figuring out how much of each. And is sweet orange the same as 10x orange?

Also on the same subject--can anyone recommend a good book/online source for detailed eo information? I need to read up on this and I think it would be good to have a reliable reference on the subject.

JusDin, I haven't used x10 orange so I can't say. The EO I buy reads "Sweet Orange." I use 1 oz of sweet orange to .5 oz of patchouli for a 2 lb load. I know that is a little heavy on scent, but the orange does fade over time. Hope that helps.

I like orange ,rose,peppermint ,chocolate and sandalwood the most

Lavender is pretty much my favorite scent of all time. I tend to steer away from food scentsw. If I'm taking a bath, I don't want my soap to smell like sugar cookies or cake. My exception to this is vanilla blends (like vanilla lavender). If I have a food-smelling bar, I usually put it by the sink for hand washing.

Lots of good info on the web. Nature's gift is a good website/retailer and a place to start. When I'm on my other computer I will post a couple of other sites since I don't have any of them in my favorites on this one. A good essential oil reference book is The Essential Oils Handbook by Jennie Harding.

This isn't an extremely detailed chart, but it does give a quick overview of some EO applications and properties;

http://www.eoproducts.com/_documents/herb_chart.pdf

If you're looking for some inspiration as to blending EO's, then this page is really good and has a lot of Old World Scent recipes;

http://www.fusionperfumery.com/recipes.htm

Latest posts

Back