Beekeeper checking in

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All!
I'm a beekeeper, and wanted to do something with my excess beeswax and propolis (and do something more inventive with honey than just bottle it!). Hive products have a lot of nice qualities--humectant, anti-microbial--and I wanted to expand and take advantage of that. So--I started with lip balms and lotion bars, and have moved into soap and body butters with honey.

I've had pretty good success making milk and honey soaps. My first attempt at a honey castile soap (doesn't "Honey Castile" sound like the lead in a bad bodice ripper?) failed. Not sure why, but I'm suspicious of my grocery store olive oil. In any case, I really want to make a propolis soap, but haven't found a good recipe yet. So I'm hoping to learn all I can and contribute what little I'm able.

Mel

Hello and welcome, Mel!

Yeah- some of the olive oils out there aren't all they're cracked up to be. A soaper needs to be on their guard. I've had good success with the Kirkland Pure Olive Oil from Costco, and the olive oil from Columbus Foods is known to be trustworthy as well.

IrishLass :)

Latest posts

Back