Babassu salt bar?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

osso

Reaction score
Has anyone made a salt bar and substituted babassu for (100% of) the coconut oil they would have used? Couldn't find a thread referencing a batch like this. I love salt bars and was interested how this would turn out.

That's the search I did, just didn't quite find what I was looking for. I realize it wouldn't be the most economical bar in the world, but I'm interested in the effect of a salt bar with a typical (high) super fat level with non-comedogenic oils (babassu vs coconut), especially for use as a facial soap.

If no one else has tried this I might experiment at some point and share.

I use Babassu in my salt bars. I replace 1/2 the coconut oil I would use with babassu and they come out great. I do not do 100% CO bars though, mine are about 40% coconut oil, 40% babassu oil and the other 20% other oils and butters.

Btw have you noticed that salt is considered comedogenic...can't say I believe it. My skin loves salt

Interesting, I have not seen that before. Thanks for sharing. I've seen lots of posters here say they use salt bars as their facial soap of choice. I agree, the feel is fantastic.

I don't have any on hand atm, so next time I order oils I'll be giving this a try :)

soaperschoice is my new best friend, I spent a lot of money on oils form other suppliers that i could of payed a lot less for.
It would be awesome if soaperschoice had some essential oils for low prices or other things besides carrier oils.
I will have to buy some babassu oil next time.

I'm really interested in hearing how this works out. I'm wanting to make some coconut free bars for people with coconut allergies/sensitivity, but avoiding palm products.

Latest posts

Back