Ayurvedic Soap / Shampoo Bar

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finchen

Reaction score
Hi :D

I have many, many Indian herbs, like Amla, Shikakai, Methi (Fenugreek), Aritha (Soapnuts), Brahmi, Bhringraj and want to make a shampoo bar from it because these herbs are very good for hair and many Indian women wash their hair with these herbs...

The problem is that most of the above mentioned herbs are acidic which is bad for making soap, as the lye will neutralize the acid and the soap will be more superfatted.

Now I have thought to infuse the herbs in water (to make a tea) and to add baking soda afterwards in order to increase the pH-value to 7 (like destilled water). Then it will not mess up with the superfat.

Would that be a good idea?

Don't worry about the super fat, it'll have minimal effect. Soap and don't worry about that.
But the high pH environment could "deactivate" whatever is considered an active in your soap. Or maybe not.

Can anyone suggest me some good ayurvedic doctors in Hyderab

I want to know about good ayurvedic doctors in hyderabad, those who are service oriented and those doctors where our money spent also is worth. I am expecting very genuine answers for this. If a person has not understood this question or has not read it completely please dont answer it. Because I am in need of a good ayurvedic doctor seriously , one who is service oriented and can treat well. Please tell me only if you know very well that a doctor can treat well especially diseases like bronchitis.

* spammy link removed* Mods

Back