Awful

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh My God!

I tend to be a super clean freak-especially in my kitchen, which is where I'll be setting up my soap operation...this woman's cleanliness (or lack thereof) makes me insane! I just want to pop through the video with steel wool and start going to town!

Let's face it, soaping is a messy business. But somehow Holly Sparklebrook doesn't wear gloves either, and her workspace is extremely clean.

I just saw her video on doing a 10 minute cleanup. Gosh, the mess in that house! How is she not embarrassed about showing this to the world??

I just saw her video on doing a 10 minute cleanup. Gosh, the mess in that house! How is she not embarrassed about showing this to the world??

:shock:

I had to watch it after you said this, and I couldn't last a minute! I have some clutter around the house, but holy crap.

:shock:

I had to watch it after you said this, and I couldn't last a minute! I have some clutter around the house, but holy crap.

She just basically moves her shyte from one place to the other, and then gives herself a pat on he back: we'll, I think I've made a dent. LOL, no you haven't! You just moved your shyte around the house!

My house is super tidy. I hate HATE having a lot of stuff, and I'm a the master at tossing things. So you can understand how fascinated I am by Nancy.

LOL. My mom had that crock pot in the 1970's. As for the mess, I agree. My wife laughs at me because I like to start with a clean counter and lay everything out the night before like a surgeon. If I don't I tend to do stupid things like forget to add the fragrance or discover I'm missing some oil my recipe calls for. I'll do a separate post for clean-up ideas.

I tried watching one of her videos a few months ago but it made me so nervous I had to stop. I tried to find it after this post but didn't see it, but I did watch a little bit of one where she says something like, "Today when I make soap I'm going to use ...hmmmm...11 cups of oil, I think, instead of 10 because I want this batch to be more creamy." Uhhh.... do WHAT??? She seems very sweet and reminds me of one of my favorite aunts, but geez... scary!! She had her lye pre-measured in a bunch of ziploc bags, which might be a good idea I guess if you make the same batch every time, but she wasn't sure how much was in a bag so she rounded up a set of scales she had paid a dollar for (!!!!!) then they (surprise!) didn't work so she just didn't weigh the lye.

This is what we who live in the southeastern US say about people like Nancy ---
"Bless her heart!!!"

:)

I tried watching one of her videos a few months ago but it made me so nervous I had to stop. I tried to find it after this post but didn't see it, but I did watch a little bit of one where she says something like, "Today when I make soap I'm going to use ...hmmmm...11 cups of oil, I think, instead of 10 because I want this batch to be more creamy." Uhhh.... do WHAT??? She seems very sweet and reminds me of one of my favorite aunts, but geez... scary!! She had her lye pre-measured in a bunch of ziploc bags, which might be a good idea I guess if you make the same batch every time, but she wasn't sure how much was in a bag so she rounded up a set of scales she had paid a dollar for (!!!!!) then they (surprise!) didn't work so she just didn't weigh the lye.

This is what we who live in the southeastern US say about people like Nancy ---
"Bless her heart!!!"

:)

At first I was :Kitten Love:
Then I was :???:
Then I was :cry:

Yeah, Chicklet!
Down here in Georgia, we would say something more like: "She's just as sweet as can be; but you know she's as crazy as a sh*t-house rat...bless her heart!"

So I had to try and find the one chicklet was talking about.

I don't think I did, but I found one where she mixes her lye and water ny swooshing the jug around :shock: It was like a train wreck, I could not stop watching.

And now you all have to share my pain

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQDs_v0aY5o[/ame]

Lol @ Nancy's scale. The pre-measured bags of lye look like they have vastly different amounts in them, no? Plus, who needs a mask when you can just hold and swoosh the jug "up here"???

I don't know how to imbed YouTube stuff but it's: Nancy Today: 1 How to make soap (soap 123)

Enjoy!!! :)

Latest posts

Back