Are my ingredients correct

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After reading all of the replies and doing some “soap” research and using the calculator some I have come to the following conclusions.
Way too big a batch, especially for a new chemist and recipe!
Lye water ratio off
Lye to fat ratio off, prob no superfats at all,
Conclusion, I’m throwing away that recipe and starting with some of the easy ones posted on this forum.
Thanks everybody for the help. Great resource for a beginner.

I do have another question. I did another batch with the same ingredients and added some citrus zest I infused for a month in the olive oil, how do you calculate that into a recipe? Can i add the zest to the final soap? BTW, I’m throwing that batch away, probably not safe. Thanks again.

You calculate your infused olive oil just like plain olive oil. You can either filter the zest or keep it, but keep in mind that it will probably be a bit scratchy in the final soap. It could either provide for exfoliation or be too irritating. If you keep the zest in, I would advice you to really make a small batch first so you do end up with a lot of soap that you may find too scratchy.

Latest posts

Back