Anyone soaping this T-Day/Black Friday?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soapmaker Man

Reaction score
I did! :) I just put to bed a 4 pound batch in my log mold of Sweet Pea scented soap. I am trying a 5 oils/fats recipe, with more hard oils than usual, but taking a 8% lye discount, and using goat milk as always and oat milk. I have a combo of 40% total PKO and 92* CO. 40% lard, hydrogenated soy, and a 10% castor and 10% corn oils for conditioning. We'll see. It should be hard, big bubbles, yet conditioning soap. I used the funnel swirl technique, with a modification I thought of. I hope it turns out.

Anyone else???:)

Paul :wink:

soap

there you go again! pushing the envelope again and having fun! this is a working day for me, so i am out of town and away from my beloved soaps!

btw, that deluxe soap edger/beveler is divine! it really is a marvel of american know-how! if the house ever caught on fire, that thing is in the top-10 of things to save!

dont you guys eat too much turkey!!

Re: soap

heartsong said:
there you go again! pushing the envelope again and having fun! this is a working day for me, so i am out of town and away from my beloved soaps!

btw, that deluxe soap edger/beveler is divine! it really is a marvel of american know-how! if the house ever caught on fire, that thing is in the top-10 of things to save!

dont you guys eat too much turkey!!

:lol: Thank you for the compliment! :D I love building those! It really does do a great job making a good looking bar, great looking. Have a wonderful day. :)

Yea Brooke, we need pics. 8) I like making whipped soap. My wife if she had her rathers, would not let me make anything except whipped soap. In fact, she wanted this batch today to be a whipped batch. I need to make a few gallons of master batch recipe and let it come to RT so I can make her a whipped batch.

Mmmmmeeeee

We don't celebrate thanks giving here in canada. I'm testing colors today. I did a batch this morning and will do another one tonight. I'm testing with chlorophyll.

Edit: I mean today, we don't today. It was a month and a half ago I think.

G. said:
Mmmmmeeeee

We don't celebrate thanks giving here in canada. I'm testing colors today. I did a batch this morning and will do another one tonight. I'm testing with chlorophyll.

Edit: I mean today, we don't today. It was a month and a half ago I think.

Yes, I visited Canada & North East US 17 years ago and spent just long enough to celebrate T in Canada and the again in New H - I love America & Canada and long to return.

Sorry to be off topic - Soapmakerman I love the sound of your new batch and will love to see pics when unmoulded. I dearly wish I lived closer in these financial times to afford to by TOG moulds, cutters & planers AND the shipping cost - right now with our $$ I can only sigh and dream :( :wink:

Tanya :)

I'm out of Palm oil, so I'm scouring my recipes to see what I can put together, so I can soap tomorrow.

Pics you's guys! Pleeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzz??? :D

I unmolded and cut mine about an hour ago. I'll take pics in the morning and post them. This was my first time using this scent. I added the FO to my liquid GM and Oat Milk mixture, and added that at very light trace. It seemed to work well since this FO can accelerate trace.

Paul

No soap for me paul I've been making jewelry again! This time wire wrapped rings! It's almost as addictive as soapmaking!

I poured at too thin of a trace to get the good swirl I had last time, but I promised to show you what I did yesterday. I used a bar this morning and got lots of great lather and decent sized bubbles. This recipe should produce some really big bubbles as it cures! At least, it sure smells great. :lol:

"Sweet Pea" scent from www.soapsupplies.net
sweetpea004.jpg

sweetpea003.jpg

Here are some of the ones I made.
My 4th batch ever, 1st time testing colours.
I don't know why there are little white spots/dots on them.. they appear to be really small bubbles.

SavonsCouleurs2.jpg

Just did a new 8# recipe of Olive, Coconut, Palm & Castor which I'm hoping will produce a hard and bubbly bar. (CP)

I used a strong Rooibos tea for the lye mixture and then mixed the tea leaves into the oils for added texture and color. In my test batch this produced a wonderful reddish brown color with dark speckles. In this new batch I cheated the coloring a touch more red using a gel colorant.
I also added a spiced fig FO which really compliments the tea scent.

This will hopefully complete my xmas shopping :D

Back