Any Remedy on the Natural Fades?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eesil7we

Reaction score
The thought of using all natural coloring and scent from scratch, i meant from infused the oil to squeezing the juices and incorporate them to my soapmaking, - for example, i used screwpine leaves to extract its' green coloring and scent; orange zest plus carrot extract for orangy coloring and orange infused oil - made me feel so safe and happy as i am in control of all the ingredients in the soap (i am skeptical about the unknown of the component added into essential oil, fragrance oil, titanium oxide, clay, pop mica etc); however the good feeling lingers on for a short while, the natural color and scent fades over time. That causes a fade in my zealous to make soap now! Any counsel from old timer?

Infusings and juices are a waste of time and money when used for scenting soap...
I'd stick with unscented and maybe even uncolored instead.

I'm personally not worried about fragrance oils, micas, oxides etc. and love to use them. You can't really expect anything else to give such a strong scent and vibrant color.

Ya you are right. My skepticism is uncalled for; after posting the topic, i thought about flour, butter, chocolate, vegetable oil etc that i use for baking..and i got the whole picture falling into the right place, my concern was phewzz.lifted off my head! Soaping without those additive is no no fun i guess. Thanks!

:D It can be fun; experimenting with different milks and herbs for example.
But fragrance oils and colors makes everything a lot more interesting to me.
Natural doesn't equal good...

Dagmar88 :) Agree with you it is exhilarating to use herbs and plants! i have experimented with pulverised green tea, rosehip, beetroot, blue pine flower and the end result was always an eye opening experience; never get blue though with blue pine :( Anyone tried red cabbage before for blue soap?

I used Honey tonight for the first time. The color was fine at trace but then I added Grapeseed oil, Romance FO & Honey. The soap batter immediately turned bright orange.

Back