Aloe Vera Juice

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trader Joe's has it. That is the one I use. Bigger drug store chains might carry it, and health food stores always seem to have some on the shelves.
Refrigerate it after opening it.

Whole Foods.

Do you have to refrigerate it if you're not going to eat it? What will happen? I have some from MMS in a pump bottle that isn't refrigerated and is fine I think?

tasha said:
Whole Foods.

Do you have to refrigerate it if you're not going to eat it? What will happen? I have some from MMS in a pump bottle that isn't refrigerated and is fine I think?
Once opened, it's best to refrigerate it. What will happen to it, if opened and unrefrigerated, is that it may then spoil.

KnowWhat said:
Got the juice today at Walmart.
How would you extract juice from the plant?

Ever eat one of them frozen pops in the long slender bags? You just cut off the top and squish it out with your fingers. Same here. You cut a leaf and just squish the juice out with your finger. Great for burns, ichy skin... many other uses for the plant. Guessing it could easily be added to soap. Probably a lot cheaper too.

Michael

Update

I just read in a book I got from the library that you can take 5-6 Aloe leaves and cut them up, stick em in a blender and make puree out of it. You then add this this to the soap. I imagine that it would impart a nice green color.

Michael

Latest posts

Back