advice on salt water suds bars please?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jax1962

Reaction score
i made these 2 weeks ago but already they're smooth and hard and give a gorgeous lather - can i now use them even though they haven't had the 6-8 week cure? they don't zap.

PIC00005.jpg

If you're asking if it's safe to use them....yeah it should be. But they will get better with time and they will last longer if you give them a good long cure.

If your soap does not zap, you can use it just as soon as your heart desires, but as Tegan said, it is more advantageous in many ways to wait and give it a good cure. They'll last longer, lather even better, and become more mild during cure.

IrishLass :)

thanks! i can't resist these bars, they're so nice to use already and hopefully they'll just get better as you said. i've since made another couple of batches and they all seem to harden very quickly compared to other recipes.

Oh yeah you can use it just fine. I was the same way when I first made them. :D However wait till you use one that is at least 2 months old or even older!

Latest posts

Back