Adding Fo to liquid soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubnica

Reaction score
How do you suppose to add FO to liquid soap? I added some to one bottle and I ended up with thick layer of grease on top. Then I tried to add FO to diluted soap (for foamer bottles) and the soap got instantly cloudy with funny white stuff on top and bottom. It looks like some kind of powder settled on the bottom. When I shake it, it disperses but it makes my soap milky.
How do I suppose to add FO to my liquid soap?
Please help.
Thanks

Hmmm - oils don't mix with water easily - and your soap is mostly water. the soap itself is an emulsifier though, so that mitigate the problem somewhat.

-try heating your soap before mixing in the FO
-you can mix 50/50 with polysorbate 20 (or is it 80?)

check out the scent review board - I belive it has a section of reviews in liquid soaps

I heat my soap up a bit before I add the fragrance and don't usually have problems. There are some FO's that just won't mix with liquid soap so always test a small amount first.

Oh OK..I did not know some FOs just don't mix well. Hmm....
Thank you for suggestions...what would I do without your help?

i was wondering this too! i have had problems. would the easiest thing be to add the fo to your soap paste (or original oil/lye/water mixture)? and just have a whole batch of one scent, like we do with regular cp?

tasha said:
i was wondering this too! i have had problems. would the easiest thing be to add the fo to your soap paste (or original oil/lye/water mixture)? and just have a whole batch of one scent, like we do with regular cp?

i was going to ask the same thing!

could it be added with the paste to the water just when it is going into dilution?

Latest posts

Back