aAny really good pumpkin oil soap recipe out there?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CTAnton

Reaction score
I've got 16 oz. of pumpkin seed oil that I ordered months ago and I'd like to start using it up. There's also a can of pumpkin puree in my soap room looking tone utilized. From what I've read you shouldn't use more than 15% of the pumpkin seed oil in a recipe but barring that the field seems wide open. I'm open to all fats and oils. Anyone care to share a recipe that they feel strongly about/ Many thanks in advance! You guys rock!

I don't know how helpful this actually is and I don't have any actual experience with this oil, but, soapee says that pumpkin seed oil is about 50% linoleic acid with if I understand it correctly it very conditioning but also very prone to rancidity so it makes sense to just use a tiny amount.

I'm thinking just take whatever recipe you usually use and tweek it to make room for maybe 10% or so of the pumpkin seed oil and also tweeking it to make sure the linoleic + linolenic acids doesn't go over 15% and that should be fine.

You any recipe and substitute any or all you soft oils for the pumpkin oil, up to 15-20%. I really would not go much higher with the high linoleic acid which is similar to grapeseed oil and cherry kernel oil. I replace all or most my extra water with pumpkin puree. I soap with a 50/50 lye solution so I still have 50% water left over. When I make pumpkin soap I usually split the extra liquid between puree and milk.

I've got 16 oz. of pumpkin seed oil that I ordered months ago and I'd like to start using it up. There's also a can of pumpkin puree in my soap room looking tone utilized. From what I've read you shouldn't use more than 15% of the pumpkin seed oil in a recipe but barring that the field seems wide open. I'm open to all fats and oils. Anyone care to share a recipe that they feel strongly about/ Many thanks in advance! You guys rock!

I use pumpkin seed oil for my shampoo bars… I don’t put a limitation on my pumpkin seed oil and a lot of people absolutely love my shampoo bars it’s good to dabble in different types of oil also a Abyssinian oil in conjunction with pumpkin seed oil are beautiful together. If you want I can send you a copy of my shampoo bar recipe and you can bring it up on soap, Calc yourself.

I use pumpkin seed oil for my shampoo bars… I don’t put a limitation on my pumpkin seed oil and a lot of people absolutely love my shampoo bars it’s good to dabble in different types of oil also a Abyssinian oil in conjunction with pumpkin seed oil are beautiful together. If you want I can send you a copy of my shampoo bar recipe and you can bring it up on soap, Calc yourself.
This thread is from 2017, the person you quoted hasn't been here for 5 yrs, so won't see your post to them.

Latest posts

Back