A teaser and Pumpkin Pie soap.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LauraHoosier

Reaction score
For the Soap Swap folks here's a teaser:

And here's a pic of my fresh poured Pumpkin Pie soap:

I made some more Orchard Stroll -very- early this morning, popped it in the oven and then pulled it out about an hour ago and it came out completely different looking. the glossy sides and bottom thanks to the mold was so glossy I had trouble getting a hold of it lol:

It crumbled apart when I tried to cut so I think even though it was hard it was too soon to cut (12 hours since made) You can actually hold it at the score lines left by the mold and snap them apart :shock: they crumble a good bit from then.

I've not had so many batches crumble or go wonky then when I started trying out CPOP :( so I think its back to the regular way of on the counter, wrapped if I can, or in the fridge.

Love the teaser! Reminder that I need to get mine packaged. I just got a puppy so I have no life... WHen am I ever going to get this done?

The pumpkin soap looks perfect!

The pumpkin makes me want to go make pie, yum! Love the wrapping too, and can't wait to see them all cut.

Pumpkin Pie looks to have failed. Its -way- too soft and the fresh pie crust fo turned it almost a mahogany color. I have it set aside in hopes of rebatching it and will make another batch, sans Pie crust fo, in a day or two.

It'll hit the fridge instead of the oven this time. I think as long as they hit gel on the counter I'm not going to worry about using CPOP except maybe in winter since it gets so cold.

Laura! I love the teaser. Can't wait to see what's inside. I sooo want to post a pic of my wrapped soaps, but I think even that would reveal my theme.

I love the "fresh" color of the pumpkin soap. I've also decided I'm not to keen on CPOP as I developed alligator skin (even when turning oven off before putting soap in). Show us a cut pic.

I'll use CPOP this winter because our house has terrible insulation so it gets cold here overnight. Have you tried propping the oven door open 1-2" for say 10 minutes after you put the soap in so it cools some and doesn't cook the tops and bottoms? That's how I stopped my alligator skin problem.

ETA: The pics of the cut pumpkin and orchard stroll soaps.

Pumpkin done in the pink 12 bar silicone mold. Can you say pie crust fo? That's what did in this soap's pretty and realistic color:

Now Orchard Stroll is one that I get rave reviews on and its in high demand among friends and family so I tried making it in the pink 12 bar silicone mold.

Now I know this soap well through its stages so it will change color after its cut and will not always change all the way through. Here's an example:

Here's how it looks when made in the 8lb wood mold I have. I made this batch because I thought my 12 bar batch was a failure and might not be salvageable.

This is look is normal for this soap and after cutting will continue to morph is color all or partway through the soap. Everyone loves it no matter the looks :)

As for the 12 bar mold batches coming out super soft and a little oily. My scale popped up a low battery warning last night so it was a little late to tell me but next time I have a batch like this I'll look back to when I last changed the battery.

WOW that top one got dark. The only one I've had go that dark was a really sweet vanilla FO. Looks good though and I bet it smells amazing.

Latest posts

Back