A Question on additives

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shivani

Reaction score
Hi all !! Can anyone please tell me what is the maximum amout of pulp from fruits n veggies that can be added per kg of soap batch..and also how much powdered additives can we add..n ya, one more question,in soap calc, milk fat is given..is it same as milk cream, butter or ghee?

Nd ya, one more question..i've heard of bear,wine,coffee,milk,tea in soaps in place of water..can we add fenny also? Coconut and cashew fenny

I'm not sure what fenny is, but if it's a puree or a liquid, it can probably go in soap! Adding food adds water, so I don't think anyone uses more that whatever water amount is called for. For example, if my recipe's water is 500g, I will use 500g of pumpkin--which is plenty! I can also use less and it will still add some nice sudsy properties. I think if you want to know exactly what the highest amount is, you will have to make those experiments yourself!

How much of a powder to add...one limiting factor is if the powder adds color; the color may become so dark that the suds change color and it leaves a residue on the sink. I have made an oatmeal soap with 3 tablespoons of oatmeal powder per 500g of soap. I haven't seen a powder recommended at a higher amount than that.

I just read a different thread about milk fat, it's from the last couple of days on here in this forum, and apparently milk fat and ghee are the same. Butter contains some whey and is not pure milk fat.

Cook like boil it? I read it somewhere to blend it many times in a day till it no more produces foam and lies flat..then freeze it before use..do I need to follow this for wine also?

Latest posts

Back