1st timer going to try this recipe....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris21908

Reaction score
well as soon as i get my lye in the mail on wednesday, im planning on attempting to make my 1st batch EVER of soap. i have been looking forward to it!! its about time!! anyways, before i start making soap i first wanted to show you guys what i came up with first just to get any opinions. its not a complicated recipe. i wanted something simple. here it is:

Coconut oil: 34%
Olive oil: 40%
Lard: 22%
Castor: 4%

Soapcalc gave these ratings:

hardness: 42
cleansing: 23
condition: 52
bubbly: 27
creamy: 23
iodine: 52
ins: 166

any thoughts?? i kinda have dry skin, so what would be something i can do to improve it?

i have normal/oily combination and 20% coconut has already been a killer. skin feels squeaky after wash and ends up being tight. i'm going to try to make soap now that has 0% coconut 'cause someone who said even soap with 1 cleansing rating can still clean and that inspired me. my 2 cents xD

I agree with 8% superfat or lye discount. Other than that, I think you should go with this recipe because you formulated it, and if it's not perfect for you, then you can tweak it until you're happy. I plugged it into SoapMaker3 and all looks good on the graph.

Have fun with it. :wink:

Dry skin, i would do less coc, more oo, i would increase the creamy a bit, that will lower your cleansing.

thanks a bunch for the info! right now im on soapcalc trying to cut back on the coconut oil. il post up pics soon!

thanks again!

Latest posts

Back