15 % Off NaturesFragrance

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yikes so soon? Ok, I'm in! I had to open up my recent WSP FO order sheet (actual box currently sitting at my MIL's in Chicago) to make sure I didn't duplicate scents. As I was reading the names, I thought "who ordered this stuff??" Hopefully I'll like it :)
I'm going with @msunnerstood 's Coco Butter Cashmere recommendation and some teakwoods...anything else that you've received and, even if you haven't soaped with it yet, you like it OOTB? @Mobjack Bay ? @shunt2011 ? anyone else?

Also, one final question for those who have used NF before....what is your favourite coffee FO from them? TNX!

Yikes so soon? Ok, I'm in! I had to open up my recent WSP FO order sheet (actual box currently sitting at my MIL's in Chicago) to make sure I didn't duplicate scents. As I was reading the names, I thought "who ordered this stuff??" Hopefully I'll like it :)
I'm going with @msunnerstood 's Coco Butter Cashmere recommendation and some teakwoods...anything else that you've received and, even if you haven't soaped with it yet, you like it OOTB? @Mobjack Bay ? @shunt2011 ? anyone else?

I just tried Amber and Black current last night and loved the scent. it does have a tiny bit of vanillin in it.

Another one OOB that I love is their Lemon Verbana which has no vanillin and per their soap testing did not discolor. I havent used that one yet

each one of their soap scents has soap testing notes as well as the method and oils they used in testing.

I just tried Amber and Black current last night and loved the scent. it does have a tiny bit of vanillin in it.

Another one OOB that I love is their Lemon Verbana which has no vanillin and per their soap testing did not discolor. I havent used that one yet
Thanks! I love the lemongrass-verbena that I have but it discoloured like crazy, which I wasn't expecting (only the 2nd batch of soap I'd ever made, so was maybe paying attention to other things).
And Amber & BC sounds divine! Yikes, my cart is really filling uuuupppppp

Thanks! I love the lemongrass-verbena that I have but it discoloured like crazy, which I wasn't expecting (only the 2nd batch of soap I'd ever made, so was maybe paying attention to other things).
And Amber & BC sounds divine! Yikes, my cart is really filling uuuupppppp

I only buy vanillin discoloring fragrances I can work with the colors on. Amber is brown so I figured brown and black colorant would be good and I did a white part of it with no fragrance. same with the cocoa butter cashmere. I wont buy ones that are fruity and Have vanillin because I cant make the colors work

I only buy vanillin discoloring fragrances I can work with the colors on. Amber is brown so I figured brown and black colorant would be good and I did a white part of it with no fragrance. same with the cocoa butter cashmere. I wont buy ones that are fruity and Have vanillin because I cant make the colors work
I definitely struggle with this too, but think I just need to expand my mind more about what colours "go" with with frgrances....I've got a Green Apple FO that I haven't tried yet that discolours to purple. I plan to make a purple and green soap, scenting only the purple half (but with apple) and calling it Grapple. It won't have any grape in it, but maybe the name will help? (Or I'll get a bunch of wrestlers buying it....)
You're right though...no one wants brown peaches and brown raspberries and brown vanilla. Maybe my specialty should be charcoal soaps ;-)
I also still do some M&P and discolouring is rarer there. Still happens, but with a good stabilizing base, it's much less of an issue than in CP.

I definitely struggle with this too, but think I just need to expand my mind more about what colours "go" with with frgrances....I've got a Green Apple FO that I haven't tried yet that discolours to purple. I plan to make a purple and green soap, scenting only the purple half (but with apple) and calling it Grapple. It won't have any grape in it, but maybe the name will help? (Or I'll get a bunch of wrestlers buying it....)
You're right though...no one wants brown peaches and brown raspberries and brown vanilla. Maybe my specialty should be charcoal soaps ;-)
I also still do some M&P and discolouring is rarer there. Still happens, but with a good stabilizing base, it's much less of an issue than in CP.
I did Lemon Meringue in MP once and overnight it turned brown. I had used clear base so it wasnt too bad but avoided the scent there after

I did Lemon Meringue in MP once and overnight it turned brown. I had used clear base so it wasnt too bad but avoided the scent there after
Oh yes, some you don't have a prayer with. There are some pear ones too. You're right, you just can't make an appealing match.

Oh yes, there can be too much, and I worry daily about earthquakes.
I bought: Storm Watch, Route 66, Lavender & Spring Apricot, Mahogany Coconut, Mahogany & Teakwood, and Chai Tea
Oooh I've got a number of those in my cart, but am waiting a bit for more feedback/tips before checking out. See, I'm only buying 2oz bottles, so will have more fragrances but hopefully less $$ ;-)

The FOs came right before I had to leave for Florida. Something to look forward to when I get home. I will report!

Oh and just remembered that I opened Storm Watch and liked it.

The reviews are good on the Lavender & Spring Apricot and I liked Rote 66 and Mahogany Teakwood
Those are the 3 i chose, too! Hope my cart got saved, or when I go back to do it again, i'll end up with more.

Back