100% Tomato Juice

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jadiebugs1

Reaction score
Does anyone use 100% Tomato Juice to soap with? I have used tomato juice, but I used water to mix with the lye (50/50) then the remainder of the liquid was the tomato juice added after the lye/water was blended with the oils.....

I have the tomato juice frozen....waiting.....but I figured I'd better ask first....only have enough lye to make 2 more batches of soap, don't want to waste it! :lol:

thanks

I soap with tomato juice for 100% of the water. I add lye to the refrigerated juice - don't need to freeze it.

even better is whole pureed fresh tomato. i run it through the blender and use it at 100 percent of the liquid. i made a few batches months ago, and it's held up beautifully. and has a lovely orange-pink color, just like a fresh tomato. for a little more color i throw in some pink clay with the lye and tomato solution. i put basil on top and scented with rosemary eo, and it's a wonderful last blast of summer :)

I was just wondering this! I want to make a half tomato juice/half milk soap. I'm happy to know I can use it well at 100% if I wanted.

paillo said:
even better is whole pureed fresh tomato. i run it through the blender and use it at 100 percent of the liquid. i made a few batches months ago, and it's held up beautifully. and has a lovely orange-pink color, just like a fresh tomato. for a little more color i throw in some pink clay with the lye and tomato solution. i put basil on top and scented with rosemary eo, and it's a wonderful last blast of summer :)

That sounds so wonderfully awesome and creative.....mine will be simply Tomato FO (WSP's, which I do LOVE) in a PO/CO/OO blend.....sounds so boring now, lol!

Oh, and the tomato juice is already frozen so I guess it'll still be ok, right??

Latest posts

Back