Organic vs Non-Organic products?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relax

Reaction score
Does anyone know whether or not using organic essential oils makes a noticeable difference than using non-organic ones in soapmaking? I have Now brand (Non Organic) and lots of Young Living and Mountain Rose Herbs (both organic) essential oils. I feel like I'm wasting my YL and MR oils when I use them for soapmaking :???: I initially got them for non-soapmaking purposes but now that I'm a soaper :mrgreen:, I've been using them in most of my soap recipes and have gone threw a lot. I do use organic oils and butters which I prefer those to be organic but depending on the essential oil, one tiny, tiny bottle can cost just as much as (if not more than) a tub of oils/butters. I want to use quality products...just not break the bank while doing so. Any recommendations?

Check out EOs from soap suppliers. You'll get the same quality at a fraction of the cost. I've bought from Brambleberry, Nature's Garden Soap Supply and Wholesale Supply Plus. Other folks have mentioned liking Majestic Mountain Sage or New Direction Aromatics. I know there are others - just cannot think of them off the top of my head.

Honestly there is no difference. The reason we sometimes use organic is really to support organic growers and for label appeal for those customers that also want to support organic growers. I highly believe in organic products for eating, and supporting that effort and "movement" is important. However for a wash off product I don't think it makes one iota of difference to the performance or feel of the product.

Latest posts

Back