Interpret a theme - Xmas 2014

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doing this off my phone so I hope I can work it out...

Gold, frankincense and myrrh. I wanted the gold to be less yellow and more gold but I was starting with a yellow green base colour (olive and avocado oils).
Scented with brambleberry frankincense and myrrh... Not a fan. Especially having smelt frankincense EO (but not myrrh), this shells completely different. Oh well.

image.jpg

Very nice Jade - I love your peppermint soap. A lot of work making those candy canes!

So for this stage, did you cut thin red bars width-wise across the mold (like thin regular bars), then space them out in a new mold, and then pour white in between them?

Not sure I'm visualizing correctly... it is, after all, quite late after a bit of bit of wine. :p

No, the strips are about 10 inches long. I think we turn the log on its side, so we start cutting from a top that is perfectly flat, b/c it was against the side of the mold.

Next time we do it I'll take pics.

Great looking soaps! Here is my HP gingerbread soap. Used a blend of ginger, cassia, and clove EO's and matching ground spices, molasses, and 1/2 coconut milk 1/2 water as liquid.

PC220020.jpg

It looks lovely, and I bet it smells incredible. I love the smell of gingerbread but never found a perfect soft cookie recipe like the ones I used to get from tiny bakery around the corner from my first house. That scent is forever linked to holding my toddler daughter's hand while she skipped on the sidewalk crunching leaves underfoot when we would pass by on our way to the library for story hour. The bakery would perfume the whole block with its gingerbread.

Sounds like wonderful memories snappyllama. My husband makes gingerbread cookies from scratch with our kids every year for Christmas, they decorate them and bring them to the neighbors around us. Ironically, I don't like gingerbread cookies, mostly because his are rather crunchy whereas I prefer chewy cookies. But I love the smell of them baking, so I made this soap as my compromise :mrgreen:

I mixed 1oz molasses, 1/2 tsp ginger, 1/2 tsp cassia (sweet cinnamon, you could just sub cinnamon leaf or bark), 1/4 tsp clove EO's, and 1/2 as much matching ground spices to a one pound batch of soap. Well, minus the 4oz I took out for the stripe, but even if you left that in it's plenty of scent. Don't want to go too heavy with all those warming spices or you risk irritation. Try that out and see if you can relive memory lane whenever you shower :)

Sounds like wonderful memories snappyllama. My husband makes gingerbread cookies from scratch with our kids every year for Christmas, they decorate them and bring them to the neighbors around us. Ironically, I don't like gingerbread cookies, mostly because his are rather crunchy whereas I prefer chewy cookies. But I love the smell of them baking, so I made this soap as my compromise :mrgreen:

I mixed 1oz molasses, 1/2 tsp ginger, 1/2 tsp cassia (sweet cinnamon, you could just sub cinnamon leaf or bark), 1/4 tsp clove EO's, and 1/2 as much matching ground spices to a one pound batch of soap. Well, minus the 4oz I took out for the stripe, but even if you left that in it's plenty of scent. Don't want to go too heavy with all those warming spices or you risk irritation. Try that out and see if you can relive memory lane whenever you shower :)

I will definitely try that out! Thanks so much for sharing. :)

my holiday themed soaps..

meant to be as a pair... scented with love spell, and i forgot what was the other one :D the red was so hard to get right :(

be merry 2.jpg

Where do you get your soap stamps from seven? They are so pretty with the shiny mica.

the deer head one was actually bought in a papercraft store. it was made from thin wood, so all i gotta do was glued it in a piece of wood, and voila :D

the SC one was from Omar in Spain (pasito)

Latest posts

Back