How do you stir your larger batches?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RochelleBBS

Reaction score
Hi there! I'm at the point where'd I'd like to make larger batches of soap, and I have room in my stockpot, but I'm currently using a stick blender that can only be immersed about 3", and the depth of my larger batches will be closer to 9". I'm afraid that won't adequately mix the batch. Any suggestions for mixing these batches to get them to light trace?

Have you tried a google search for "industrial stick blender"? If you need something that can stir a big batch, it should be pretty tough and I doubt anything that can be bought on the high street will meet your needs.

As an aside, what is the total depth of your slow cooker?

You can actually get a paddle mixer from Home Depot that hooks up to a drill. It's used for cement if your batch is big enough. I've thought about doing that in my 5 gallon bucket but changed my mind.

shunt nailed it. too, you can get an industrial paint mixer attachment for a drilll with a swirl end. home dept sells two kinds. one is black metal the other is red plastic.

That's the red one!!!!! The other metal one is a black spiral shape. Let us know how it works for your batches.

Unfortunately, not well. This particular mixer didn't really get the mixture, well, mixing too well. I had to plug in my stick blender to finish it. I would recommend trying a different model.

It did, however, do a fantastic job of mixing a 50lb bucket of separated palm oil! :)

Unfortunately, not well. This particular mixer didn't really get the mixture, well, mixing too well. I had to plug in my stick blender to finish it. I would recommend trying a different model.

It did, however, do a fantastic job of mixing a 50lb bucket of separated palm oil! :)

Thats awesome that it worked for the oil. Try out the metal blaxk one from HD. It will mix well. The spiral one in the paint section.

Back