Goats milk

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkevin

Reaction score
Found some cans of goat milk and want to use them by the ingredients is this possible?

Ok here's a picture the other one must not a come thru

1397924336946.jpg

I works just fine and the nice part is it is double strength. I always use canned because I soap with a 50/50 lye solution (50% water and 50% lye). I add in my canned gm after adding the lye solution to my oils

cm I'm a little confused on the 50/50 part. if you need 10 oz. of water u use 5 water and 5 at trace? and full amount of lye to h20

A little earlier than trace, by what Carolyn said - before you start blending it.

So you if you need 10oz water in total, make a solution with 1 part water to 1 part lye - 50/50. You have to make sure that this is really well stirred and that all of the lye is dissolved. You DO NOT want more lye than water or it will likely be solid lumps which no-one wants. If anything, add a touch more water in there.

On a side note, the main title is missing a "H" and just says "Gostsmilk"............ spoooky cows

I know did this on my phone hate it smart phones make me dumber

A little earlier than trace, by what Carolyn said - before you start blending it.

So you if you need 10oz water in total, make a solution with 1 part water to 1 part lye - 50/50. You have to make sure that this is really well stirred and that all of the lye is dissolved. You DO NOT want more lye than water or it will likely be solid lumps which no-one wants. If anything, add a touch more water in there.

On a side note, the main title is missing a "H" and just says "Gostsmilk"............ spoooky cows

Thankyou Efficacious Gentlemen (lol, could you not have an easier handle to type!! :razz:) sometimes I do not clarify well. As Effficacious Gentleman stated you have to measure well. If in doubt add in an ounce more distilled water when mixing your lye and it will dissolve easier. Deduct this liquid amount from your total liquid and use your goats milk for the balance of liquid. I do not like to add it in at trace for mixing purpose. I wisk in my lye and add the goats milk after the lye is incorporated. I do use cold gm and cool to room temp oils.

I did like you explained can't wait until tomorrow I did plain lard (amish style) is what I call it, and the goat milk love the orange color. Found a 2nd hand type store food and drink $1.25 a can for goats milk so snagged 2 to just try it

ok got it molded was that nice orange color covered it with my towel. Went to check on it oh no! gel so panicked a little popped in the oven so it would gel all the way thru, now just plain tan. Maybe should have put it the fridge or freezer?

Latest posts

Back