Calling all hanger swirl experts!!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soapart

Reaction score
Hi all,
Here is a pic of my first hanger swirl, dont laugh :razz:
I love the beautiful hanger swirls by Savonnerie Mika on youtube but cant work out how she manages such wonderful effects.
Ignoring all the blemishes what can I do to improve?
Thanks,
Kerry

varwwwclientsclient1web3tmpphpKxeJ69.jpg

those swirls look very lovely , like abstract roses if you will . i know you may have been shooting for something else but to me its a job well done , unique and beautiful.

I watched one of her videos and she is working with very liquid soap, perhaps even before light trace. She may color, pour and work right after emulsification to get such fluidity. Her recipe may also be very slow to trace. If the batter is thinner, you get more tendril-like swirls and more graceful shapes. Once it thickens up, the soap doesn't get pulled out very far with your tool.

I like your soap too and I think the abstract roses comment someone made is right on!

Thanks Timber, Shunt, Janeau, Lsg, Hlee, Newbie and 3littlefishes. Such kind comments.
Newbie, I think you may be right about the thickness of the batter.
Practice makes perfect!

I think your swirls are perfect! They look like artwork - like someone said, abstract roses. The choice and separation of the colors came out soooo nice. You can practice more but I think you nailed it.

Agree with Kazmi these are really pretty swirls you have done. Will have to have a look to see what the swirls are you were talking about :0). Swirls are affected by the thickness of the soap and the thickness of your swirling instrument plus the way in which you move your hanger and You can also add a play to it by slightly altering the height during your pour which has a cool effect.

they are lovely - you created something different. Pat yourself on the back

This post is over 3 years old. Please do not pull up old posts just to comment. Read the forum rules and it will explain how it is frowned upon (called necroposting). If there is a post you have something to add to please start a new post and you can certainly link to the older post.

Thanks!!!

I think I just watched a couple of your videos on Youtube ... you seem to have perfected the swirling technique - excellent!! :)

Latest posts

Back