O-M-G! I'm so addicted.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HerbalEarthling

Reaction score
Not that I haven't been since I poured my first batch, but I just get more and more stoked with each batch I make.

This one doesn't have a name yet. Colored with walnut hull and spirulina. Was scented with Patchouli, Amyris, and Frankincense essential oils. Yumm-o!

By the way, does anyone know what causes the soap to get kinda an outline like in the brown part? I would love to do this intentionally.

Good.jpg

Oh wow pretty! I love how that turned out!
I would guess that the darker line is a partial gel, or a water discount thing that the soap crop circle lady does (sorry her website seems down right now).

The dark part might be oxidation. The rest may develop that darker shade as the soap cures. Either way, it's very pretty.

Seawolfe, I was hoping your answer would be the case, but the rest of the soap has turned as well so I guess it's oxidation as judymoody suggested. It's still pretty cool. Glad I got a photo while it was like that though. Gotta get a tool to smooth out the layers in the future. I'm so excited I was finally able to get a jade color too!

Thanks! It is in fact all one color. I'm super stoked about it! Just need to get my lines a bit straighter. Was thinking of using an icing spreader thingy. I tried thumping the mold but didn't want it to slide around too much plus it was awkward because the mold was tilted. Any other suggestions?

Oh genius! I actually have a pack of these that I never opened... For mosaics that I never do. Hah! Good thinking!

Not that I haven't been since I poured my first batch, but I just get more and more stoked with each batch I make.

This one doesn't have a name yet. Colored with walnut hull and spirulina. Was scented with Patchouli, Amyris, and Frankincense essential oils. Yumm-o!

By the way, does anyone know what causes the soap to get kinda an outline like in the brown part? I would love to do this intentionally.

Wow, you couldn't have planned that gel outline and achieved it. And these are all natural colorants??? I can't believe you didn't get color bleed. Very nice margins.

Thanks! It is in fact all one color. I'm super stoked about it! Just need to get my lines a bit straighter. Was thinking of using an icing spreader thingy. I tried thumping the mold but didn't want it to slide around too much plus it was awkward because the mold was tilted. Any other suggestions?

Personally, I love what you achieved in as rustic look instead of making it perfectly geometric, especially given your color choices. But, to get a little more level color break, the only suggestion I could make is to pour the bottom layer at a slightly thinner trace.

Personally, I love what you achieved in as rustic look instead of making it perfectly geometric, especially given your color choices. But, to get a little more level color break, the only suggestion I could make is to pour the bottom layer at a slightly thinner trace.

Thanks! I'm pretty happy with it! That makes sense though. I poured at a thickish trace because I wanted to make sure the top layer didn't sink. But I've done tons of layers before and that wasn't an issue pouring at lighter trace. Thanks again for the advice!

Back